1: The Train

So Kori is in her first year with the twins. She is, clearly, going to be on the train and maybe sorted in this chapter. Please comment if you want the story written in a different POV! Enjoy!

3rd person/Author POV

Hardly anyone noticed the small family of three at Kings Cross Station. Those who did notice would stare at the barn owl then hurry to catch their train after glancing at the strawberry blond woman, light brunette man, and small blackette girl who seemed to be of no relation to the couple. The girl's bright green irises (so unlike the womans dull blue ones and the mans twinkling brown set) swished around- noting platforms 9 and 10 and the space between. Her stomach started to twist into a knot. The train would leave in ten minutes.

"Do you see the platform, Kori?" asked the woman in a monotone sweet voice. The girl shook her head, not trusting her voice to be steady. A red-headed family suddenly appeared, also carrying an owl.

"Excuse me, madam, but are your children also going to Hogwarts?" the smooth voice of the man inquired.

"Oh, yes. Is your daughter going as well?" The question directed itself to Kori. The girl did no more than nod. "Well you just need to run right at the wall between 9 and 10. Believe you will pass through or you won't. It's your first day, correct? Same for George and Fred. Percy, why don't you go first?" the plump woman explained then requested. the oldest boy strode forward with confidence and disappeared. "Why don't you go next, dear? You may want to run."

The mute girl took a deep breath then ran at the wall completely expecting a crash that never came. She was standing under a 9 3/4 sign next to a train. From behind her came the two twins she had been introduced to before being followed by the redheaded woman, a boy, a girl, and Kori's parents. 

"By the way, I'm Molly Weasley. This is Ron and Ginny," the woman introduced.

"I'm Stephany Princeton and this is my husband Tom and that's our daughter Kori," the strawberry blond woman responded. Kori gave a small wave when she was introduced.

"Gracious! The train's about to leave! You better get on," Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

Kori received one hug from each parent and a promise to write everyday before grabbing her things and boarding the train. She, luckily, found an empty compartment. Kori lifted her trunk above her and onto the rack using strong twig arms. She then proceeded to take out a book and start reading. After a few minutes the door opened and in came a boy with dread locks.

"Is that seat taken?"he asked pointing at the window seat across from her. She looked at him, shook her head no, and continued reading. A few more minutes passed by before she was interrupted once more.

"Are these two seats taken?" one voice asked.

"Everywhere else is full," an identical voice completed. She looked up once more and shook her head. The twins from the station sat down, one on either side of her.

"I'm Lee Jordan, by the way," the boy near the window said.

"I'm Fred Weasley," said the one next to Kori.

"I'm George Weasley," said the other one. They all looked expectantly at the quiet girl with her nose in her book.

"Kori Dragneel," she stated with perfect monotone and poker face- not even bothering to look up.

"I can't help but notice you're American, Kori," said Lee.

"Yeah, love the accent love," completed Fred.

Kori looked up and smile slightly. "Thanks, you too."

"What blood are you guys? I'm pureblood," said Lee.

"We're both pureblood," said Fred. "What about you, Kori?"

"Not sure."

"Why?" George said leaning forward slightly.

"I was adopted by muggles so I don't know who my birth parents are- just their last name, which I go by." She turned her focus back to her book.

"If it means anything to you, I think you'll find them." She turned to Fred after his phrase and raised the ends of her lips slightly.

"What house do you guys want to be in?" Lee asked. there was a round of "Gryffindor" and a shrug from Kori.

"Anything to eat, dears?" asked the lady with the food cart. They all shook their heads.

Kori had given up on reading due to logic that suggested they wouldn't stop asking questions. The foursome continued to talk about anything and everything: from family (which Kori knew little about) to Quidditch (which Kori knew even less about). A little ways through their discussion they stopped to get changed into robes. Sooner than anyone would ever think they arrived at Hogwarts. Kori was speechless through everything from the boat ride to the ghosts. It time for the Sorting and the same knot of nervousness appeared. The student's names were called one by one. Kori was under "Dragneel" instead of "Princeton" and was one of the first to try on the hat.

The minute it touched her head she heard a whisper in her ear. "Hmm. Some bravery, lots of loyalty, defiantly cunning, but an intense want for knowledge. Where should I put you? Not Slytherin, too loyal. But you aren't as friendly as you would like. Griffindoor or Ravenclaw? Oh! Oh my, oh yes. Well, that want for your dragon and knowledge. Yes, that does complicate things. Oh, and your parents both in Ravenclaw. Well then... RAVENCLAW!"

The table cheered. Her three new friends were put in Griffindoor as requested. On her own again, she followed one of her perfects - Rachel- to the common room. On the bright side, there was a library. She chose her bunk, which she shared with Annie, Brianna, Chloe, and Bethany- all of who would become good friends.

Kori got ready for bed but it was a while before she fell asleep. She lay awake thinking about the hat and how it had known about Diana and her parents. She let her mind wander more. Who were her parents? Where is Diana? Why can she do magic without a wand? How did she get her enhanced senses and loose her ability to feel cold? The biggest question of all: was the one person, or dragon, that ever cared about her... Dead?

Thoughts? Hopefully I'll get some other parts out soon. I'm just going to highlight some important parts in the year. In her third year I have a few already made, I'll just need to edit them. Please stick around and tell me what you think. Thanks!