2: The First Day

So this is when classes start. Please tell me your thoughts! Fun fact: the band Snow Patrol were originally going to be the Polar Bears but the name was already taken so that was actually the name of their first album. I'm thinking of doing fun facts at the beginning of every chapter so stay tuned!

Kori POV

Schedules were handed out. Ravenclaw had many classes with Hufflepuff and some with Slytherin but most with Gryffindor. Anyway, my schedule went something like this:

I'm changing the schedule! Switch Charms and History of Magic on Mondays!

Seeing as it was a Monday, I had Potions, History of Magic, Charms, and DADA. I changed into jeans and a white shirt before putting on my robes and going to breakfast. After scarfing down some toast I started walking to potions. Some friends ran up to me and joined me on my brisk walk.

"Hey, slow down Kori!"

"Yeah! I've heard Snape's super mean. Why would you want to get there faster?" Identical voices called out. I turned and waited for the two redheads to catch up. I opened my mouth to respond then closed it, realizing it would be pointless to attempt to explain how my brain works.

"I'm not going to be late because of you two."

"Who, us?"

"Why would we get a pretty little girl like you in trouble?" I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Did you really just call me a little girl?"

"Well, yes," said Fred, "but I don't think of you like that!" he continued after seeing my expression.

"Three things I hate the most. One- weak women. Two- clichés. Three- Chick flick moments," I said listing them off my fingers.

"Well, who knew Kori could get so fired up?" I roll my eyes again. This seems like it's going to happen a lot.

We finally make it to the dungeon. A few other Ravenclaws and Gryffindors were there too, trickling into class. The Weasley twins sat next to Lee. I was about to sit at the front table. I almost sat down when George grabbed my book bag and Fred grabbed my hand, forcing me to follow after him who was following George to the back table. The door opened right as I got settled. In swept a tall man with a hooked nose and long, greasy hair. His black robes swept after him, reminding me, ridiculously, of a less cool Batman. He turned to face the class.

"Put away those silly sticks. In this classroom there will be no silly waving or muttering of ridicules words. I expect none of you to respect the art of potion making. In this class you will have difficulties that you will have to figure out on your own," he drawled. This was going to be a fun class... "Now, today, we will be familiarizing ourselves with the ingredients and instructions. Turn to page 8 in your textbooks." There was a ruffle of pages. "Now, read the descriptions of each ingredient and how it affects the potion you put it in. Study the processes and instructions. You will read to page 48. If you finish early, and only when you are finished reading, start your essay you have on the uses of wormwood. Whatever you don't finish in class is homework. Get to work!"