Dreams

Opening his eyes, Luhan yawned. He had to blink a few times, not realising where he was or what had woken him up. He shot a glance to the window. The only light was coming from a bright half moon shining into Sehun's room. That was where he was. Luhan remembered. Carefully he shifted onto his other side where he expected to see Sehun peacefully sleeping but the right side of the bed was empty.
In a rush, Luhan sat up in the bed, now wide awake he looked through the room. The door was closed but the younger boy was nowhere to be seen. Luhan was quite worried. He set his bare feet onto the cold wooden floor, which sent shivers up and down his spine but he didn’t even realise it. His hands stretched out in front of his chest, so he wouldn’t bump into any of the expensive looking furniture. When finally he had arrived at the door, he let out a sigh in relieve. After he had opened the door he was blinded by the light that suddenly shone brightly from the ceiling.
It took him a few seconds to get used to the sudden bright light. A minute passed before it was him finally possible to take his hands down, with which he had been covering his eyes. Quickly he hurried down the stairs, a loud sound from the living room made him jerk. The sound of something breaking, what sounded like glass, was followed by some quiet swearing. Luhan immediately realized whose voice had been swearing just now. Hurriedly he made his way to the living room, where he found Sehun kneeling on the ground, picking something up.
Luhan entered the room quiet, uncertain what he should do to catch the boy's attention. Finally he just said Sehuns name in a questioning way, which caused the one on the ground to jump up before he turned around.

Seeing Luhan stand in the door, his hair all messy with wide eyes, which still were rimmed red, made Sehun feel guilty. He could see it in those deer eyes that the elder one had been worried. He made his way over to Luhan, not even caring about the tiny glass splinters on the ground. He gave a small smile and led their way to the kitchen, dragging Luhan along.

Sehun had woken up from a nightmare, about two hours ago. He was used to those nightmares, though they still frightened him and left him unable to sleep for the rest of the night. He didn’t want to wake the boy next to him up, so he decided to leave the room as quiet as possible. Sehun was already very surprised that his scream, even if it had been a suppressed one, didn’t already be enough to wake him up.
He hopped onto the kitchen counter and again he smiled at Luhan, who was now scooting closer slowly, asking why Sehun was up at 4AM. But the younger only gave a sigh and stretched his legs, wrapping them around Luhan's waist and pulled the elder close to himself that way. Once he had Luhan hugged like that he also wrapped his arms around his neck, slowly playing with the soft rosy hair at Luhan's neck. Sehun buried his face in the crook of the elders neck and closed his eyes, taking in the matchless scent.
As a reply he just shrugged, mumbling that he had a nightmare. Luhan now, backed away a little, only to look into the dark brown eyes of Sehun. He knew that the younger was struggling with those nightmares and that he had huge sleeping issues.

Sehun almost let out a sound that reminded of a giggle, when Luhan picked him up, carrying him out of the kitchen. With a nudge of his shoulder, Luhan switched off the light in the kitchen, leaving it as he still carried Sehun. He would put him back to bed.
Soon he reached the younger’s bed room again, setting him on his bed and crawled under the blankets next to him. This time it was Luhan who wrapped his arms around the younger and yet it was Sehun's head who was softly shifted onto the chest of the elder, who told him to get some more sleep, his voice only a soft whisper. Luhan promised that he would take care and protect Sehun. As silly as it maybe sounded to him, Sehun now felt safe. It were only dreams and as long as he had Luhan by his side, nothing would happen to him. It only took him minutes before he drifted back to sleep.

Luhan smiled while he played with the teal hair of the sleeping Sehun. Was it even possible that this boy could make him that happy? He just would look at his perfect face, his pointy nose, his almost black shining eyes, his hair which he had dyed so often, yet it still was soft and smooth. Above that all, Luhan admired those lips the most. Those were now slightly parted, the corners faintly curled into a smile. Obviously to be seen that his upper lip was smaller by a tiny bit. Sehuns breath went calm and steady now, no sign of any more nightmares to be seen. This fact made the elder feel relieved. He didn’t want Sehun to suffer from that anymore. Just once he had told him about that. About his nightmares, which came haunting him night after night, about how he had troubles to fall asleep because he'd rather stay awake until he fainted than to go to sleep and dream. He hadn’t lost a single word, explaining what his dreams were about and Luhan wouldn’t ask about it.

It was quite early when Luhan passed out as well.

Awakening in the morning Sehun felt kind of awkward at first. He wasn’t used to that close contact to anybody but at the same time he liked it. It felt right and when he shifted around, to look at the elder, still sleeping with a peaceful expression on his face, he immediately grew a smile. Only a small move was necessary until Sehun reached what his lips had searched. Softly connecting with Luhan's.
He pulled back and watched with a smile how his eyes flung open. Just for the way how the elder always looked at him, Sehun wanted to look at his flawless face for eternity. Like he was the most precious thing he had ever seen, with so much love in his eyes. Never had anyone looked at him like that.
But this was everything Sehun saw as well when he looked at the other boy. The most beautiful human he had ever seen, in his eyes at least.
Still a smile on his lips he tightened his grip around the elders waist, snuggling closer to his chest. Sehun could feel arms wrapped around his neck and he could feel Luhan's lips fondly placed on his head, where he left a swift kiss, sending shivers through the younger’s body. As much as they both wanted to stay like that forever, they were interrupted by Luhan's phone that was vibrating on the nightstand.
He could hear the elder sigh as he slowly pulled back, removing his arms from Sehun's neck. After he left another kiss on the silver hair, he sat up, reaching over to answer the call. After a quick glance at the caller ID he raised an eyebrow. Anonymous. With a slightly tensed voice he answered his phone. After he had heard the first sentence of the person on the other side, his voice grew cold, causing Sehun to sit up and watch Luhan, his head tilted in concern. He hadn't ever heard the usually always kind and polite Luhan , speak with such a cold tone in his voice.
Soon the call was ended, obviously by the one who now let himself fall back on the bed with a scoff. Immediately Sehun leaned over, his face inches above the elders when he asked who had called.

Luhan wanted to just smile over the rather cute expression Sehun was showing but he was in a slight bad mood since the new partner of his mum had called him, asking him to get home. Luhan repeated about ten times that he'd been staying with a friend until his mother would be dismissed from the hospital. With a shrug he told Sehun about the call. He would go over later to quickly get a few things he might need. The nurse had told him that his mother would stay there for about another week. They wanted to be sure that none of her organs had been hurt when she had been falling down the stairs. He also told that to Sehun, asking if it'd really be alright for him to stay that long. Sehun immediately began to shake his head and listed a lot of things that he wanted to do during this week and that they'd have a lot of fun. He obviously was really happy to have Luhan staying with him.
Luhan still was worrying because he hadn’t seen Sehun's parents around, not even once. It had been over a month since Sehun had gotten into that accident. They still called it accident. Luhan could feel anger boiling up as soon as he thought about the things that they had done to Sehun. To his Sehun. He would be sure that no one ever harmed him again. Quickly his mood was up again, it was unbelievable to him how the boy could always lighten his mood.

Sehun was glad when he saw Luhan smile again. For now he needed nothing more but to see that smile.