chap. 1

"Moving on to the last question, this one's from crankiplierforactuallife. Very descriptive username. This is for both of us. What is your sexuality?" I turned slowly to look at Mark. We suddenly started laughing our butts off. 

"God, edit this out Ethan," Mark commanded as he wiped tears from his face from the overdose of laughter. 

"I will." I wish Mark answered that. I'd do anything just to find out. I turned the camera off and collapsed on the sofa next to him. I wiped my cheeks, as they were still stained from the many tears of joy.

"Ethan," Mark stated.

"That's me."

"Are you gay?" 

Oh no. He's onto me. It's not that I'm ashamed of being gay, I just don't want Mark to know because I really like him and even though I want to date I'd never want to ruin our friendship. 

"Uh, why? Are you a homo or something?" I asked very nonchalantly. Mark blushed at who knows what.  It's so cute when he does that. I watched him scratch the back of neck in embarrassment.

"No! Of course not! I was just wondering. I um-"

"Wait are you gay?" This was by far the most awkward conversation I've ever had, with anyone.

"Uh, yeah."

"That's a relief. I thought I was the only one stuck in the closet."

We laughed and an awkward silence filled the room. 

"Should I order a pizza?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Sure! Sounds great." Mark had been really awkward ever since we came out to eachother. Why does this have to be so difficult?

4 hours later, we're watching a movie on the couch. I start to fall asleep. Before I know it my head is leaning up against Mark's. I flutter my eyes open. He seems really red to the face, and he was wide awake. I stayed with my eyes closed, waiting for Mark to move away or something. There he sat. Was Mark into me? No. I tell myself over and over again. No, no, no. I start to feel really emotional and a tear slips down my face. Now Mark must have seen me because he snuggles a bit closer. I start silently sobbing. I can't help it. I feel Mark's hand on my shoulder as he gently rubs it, making me feel ten times better. I fall asleep, cuddled up to him.