chap. 11

Mark and I immediately bolted downstairs to see what had caused the horrific shout. Ideas raced through my head, and Mark probably was thinking around the same. Did Jack hurt Tyler? Did he kill him? Okay, maybe a little too far. But Mark's pain from him makes me just as mad as Mark is. I don't know how to let go of what I've already known of Jack. It's like meeting someone who has the same name as someone who you used to hate and you immediately judge them without knowing a single thing? Maybe that was a little specific, but that's exactly how I felt with Jack. Mark and I reached the bottom of the stairs, to see a frantic Tyler screaming.

"WAKE UP! JACK PLEASE!" He looked up at us. I immediately got my phone, but it was dead, and so was my phone case. I looked at Mark and he showed me his dead phone as well.

"My phone is dead too... Shit. What the hell are we going to do?"

"What about Jack's phone?"

"Both of our phones were dead? Remember?"

"Shit. Ethan, start the car and we'll carry Jack out to it." I obeyed and ran outside with Mark's car keys. So many thoughts were racing through my head. What if we were too late? I mean, sure he was probably only unconcious but that's still bad. Mark and Tyler arrived with Jack and Mark got into the front seat and directed me towards the hospital. Tyler was frantically rocking back and forth in the backseat. We arrived, and Jack was taken into the emergency room. Mark had to calm down Tyler because he was shivering with fear in the emergency room. We waited for hours, trying to cheer up Ty and trying to guess what the hell happened to Jack. That was only Mark and I. Tyler probably couldn't bear to here his name.

The clock read 7 AM and Tyler had gotten coffee from the machine in the main lobby at least 3 times already. We were all tired, and I thought Mark was going to fall asleep on me.

Finally, a nurse came out, and called out for the people who took Jack in. Tyler stood up, eye twitching and barely getting the words out.

"That's me."

"And us," I said politely while nudging a sleepy Mark. He immediately stood up.

"Follow me this way please," she said nicely. I admired her calmness, as the three of us were restless. She led us down a hallway into a room. But it wasn't Josh sitting inside. A doctor sat at a table. I saw all the hope drain from Tyler's eyes. I could tell this was something that the doc didn't want to do, but had to often- bring bad news.

"Your friend-"

"Jack. His name is Jack." Tyler interrupted and the doctor smiled.

"Yes. I'm sorry to tell you that your friend has fallen into a coma. Now, I know that sounds like bad news, but luckily we were able to give him medicine, and he seems to be doing better all ready, and I expect he'll be awake within the next few weeks or so."

"Weeks?" Tyler croaked.

"I'm sorry. You're welcome to go say him to him right now if you'd like."

"Please. I just want to see him. But how did he fall into a coma? I mean, he was perfectly healthy as far as I knew." Tyler was about to cry. Nope, he was crying at this time.

"He had a stroke. This guy's a fighter, because it wasn't even painful enough to wake him up."

Tyler was holding Jack's hand and whispering something to him, while we used a phone from a nurse to tell Jack's family members, which Tyler had luckily known. Once we told his mother, she told us there was no need to call anyone else. She told us she would tell everyone else, and thanked us dearly. Jack's mom also said that she would fly into LA with some other family members to see him. I said a few words to Jack, and excused myself to use the bathroom. On my way back, I thought I saw someone familiar, but I remembered that I needed to get back to the room. So, I found my way back to where Jack was and Tyler had fallen asleep on Jack's chest. Mark said we could let him stay there for a few more minutes, but we all needed sleep. It was 8:30 by now, and Mark and I agreed to stay for 5 more minutes. We could've left right then and there. Maybe we should've. But instead, 5 more minutes would really cause a lot more than 5 more minutes of tiredness. We could've avoided the most awkwardest situation ever.

Instead, we waited. Just as we were about to leave, an unexpected visitor showed up at the door. Before we saw who it was, Mark and I were confused. Jack's family couldn't have arrived by then. Now there was a room full of emotions, as Mark and I turned to look at Jack's new visitor.

Great. Great again.

a/n: okay so maybe that was a little bit uh fast moving and awkward but at least i left ya hanging ;) anyways so if you go back and look at another chapter i may or may not have reversed/not reversed kinda foreshadowed something. i think. idk how to explain it but you should be able to guess who is here now... oh yeah so im getting a new cover soon and i can't wait to freaking see it and ill tell yall who is making it when it is set, anyways ily guys sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and sorry for the cliffhanger but ima go dye my hair now bai ~susanna <3 (that was way too long for an authors note)