chap. 20

Mark's POV:

I gripped the steering wheel, and almost had to pull over. It's hard to drive when what you're thinking about is literally and mentally miles away from you. The car was silent, except for the pitter patting of the rain slowly bringing on a storm. Muttering in anger, I drove faster. Speeding down the highway, the rain was coming down harder and harder. My phone buzzed. Glancing down quickly, I saw a tornado warning. I looked at the road to see I was seconds away from disaster. Swerving, I turned to the right of an incoming car, realizing I had drifted into the opposite lane. Sweat was dripping down my face. Now wasn't the time to get into a car accident, or run into a tornado. I think of these things like minor complications, but I know well I could never see my family again if I don't drive well. So I focused on the road and not all of my problems, and prayed to get to the airport safely.

Rushing through the spinning doors, I stopped to check that my suitcase was intact still. Lucky for me, nothing had fallen out. I sighed in relief, but quickly grew nervous again. I read the list of incoming flights. My heart sunk as I read the listings to the AUG. They were all delayed because of the storms. Walking towards the terminal, I grew confident somehow. I can get past this.

Waiting in the airport was a disaster. I refrained from checking my phone for the longest time, listening in to people complaing about the flights while their kids ran circles around them. God, that must be so much fun. Finally, I slipped my phone out of my pocket and checked my notifications. Shuddering, I internally screamed and felt all the happiness in my life go away. Sadness seemed to fill every inch of me.

Missed call from Ethan<3

I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

a/n: woah a chapter. it's really short, i'm so sorry. but i finally updated and i'm proud of myself! also thank you for 1.3k, i get like more reads every day and it's so amazing and i love each and every one of you... bye <3 -susanna