chap. 19

a/n: sorry. i'm stressed. it took a lot of will to upload this. i love you smol beans ~susanna <3

Sophie's POV:

"It's done." I spoke into the phone, my words echoing the caution in my voice. I shuddered in the dark bathroom. My hands shakily found the switch, and a dim light flickered on above me.

"And does he have suspicions?"

"No. He's clueless." I was about to keep speaking when I heard footsteps against the creaky floorboards in the hallway.

"Soph? You okay in there?" Ethan questioned from right outside the bathroom door. I felt my heart start beating faster. Did he hear any of that? God, I hope not.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," I replied, hoping that would make Ethan leave. The floorboards creaked again and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Did he hear anything I was saying?"

"No. But are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Remember the deal? You don't question anything." The voice speaking through the phone put chills down my back. I nodded my head, slowly remembering I was talking on the phone.

"Yes."

"Good. Now, repeat the plan to me once more."

Ethan's POV:

I sat on the couch, scrolling through Twitter. After wasting my time responding to random tweets, I stopped. Grabbing my suitcase, I headed into my old room. Everything was just as I had left it. Smiling, I picked up my stuffed teddy bear that was still leaning against my pillows. I held it tight and hugged it, before feeling rather childish. I put it back where it was and dragged my suitcase over to the dresser. Slowly I unzipped it, bearing myself for the first item. Even though I left in a hurry, I couldn't leave without it. A polaroid of Mark and I, that we bought while we were out once. I silently sobbed for a minute, regretting having left without him. After wiping my tears and calming myself down with deep breaths, I reached for my phone. Not even glancing at the multiple notifications from many different social medias, I opened the phone app. I found Mark's name in my favorites, under 'Markimoo', (what else would it be obviously) and pressed call.

Automatic voicemail. Tears welled up in my eyes. Was Mark avoiding me? Probably. This was all my fault.

Unless-

No. Unless he was on a call more important and didn't even bother to text me. Or filming a video. I swore I could almost hear his voice echoing throughout the house. All I took that was as a sign to get some rest. I jumped up onto my bed, and held my teddy tight.