chap. 21

Ethan's POV:

Sophie's father called a few times apparently. I wasn't in the mood to listen to her at the moment. All I could think of was Mark. Was I over-stressing about him not answering my call? Maybe. I hope not. All I wanted right now was to hug Mark. Or cuddle. Or both. I just want to be in his presence. I want him to hold onto me and never let go. I feel homesick, even though I'm back home.

I don't like the waiting. The constant wishing I was there with him. I hate the fact that I could be standing there, right next to him.

Sophie comes in my room.

"My dad called. He says my older brother is coming to pick me up soon," Sophie said, with a sad look on her face. I guess good things don't last long.

"Oh. Okay. Keep in touch, will you?" I say to her, not wanting to lose a friend -and a fan- just because I never hear from them again. I follow Sophie on Instagram, and she promises to DM me if she ever needs to stay again. Sophie then continues to tell me about her brother.

"He's the sweetest. He flew all the way down here because he didn't want me to be alone. He cares about people, a lot. He takes pride in his work. I want to be like him, someday. He's really a big inspiration. You would love him. In fact, why don't you meet him?"

"Uh, sure, I guess." I say, confused at what she was getting at. Sophie smirked. She led me to the door, and I waited.

"My brother just texted me! He's here!" she seemed excited. Suddenly, the door opened. I saw the most unexpected person standing there, tearful.

Mark.

a/n: i'm back and i'm sorry it's so short and bad but ahhhhhhh anyways ily beans byeee <3