chap. 9

a/n: (DO NOT WATCH VIDEO YET UNLESS YOU CAN'T CONTAIN YOURSELF! I UNDERSTAND) i might upload a crankgameplays x reader soon, comment and tell me if u would read it! also, plz go check out my other book, 'the freak,' and vote n stuff. okay love u guys <3 ~susanna

This time, I woke up alone. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself on the couch, with a blanket covering the rest of my body. I started to get up, but noticed something perculiar about the way I was laying there. It felt as if my mom had put me to bed, slowly bringing up childhood memories. I smelt someone cooking in the kitchen and glanced up to see Mark standing at the stovetop, frying bacon and scrambling eggs. I finally noticed what had bewildered my mind to bring back so many past, wonderful events from my adolescent years.

Someone, presumably Mark, had tucked me in. I haven't felt that love in years. I started to tear up at the memory of my mom, and homsickness just won over me. I turned over and cried into the pillow, expecting my sound to completely muffled. It wasn't because I soon heard Mark turn off the stove and mutter something about nightmares. Whatever it was, I probably would've agreed, except this time I was wide awake. I soon felt gentle hands rubbing my back, and I calmed down instantly. Mark made me feel like I was at home. I flipped myself over to find Mark with tears in his eyes as well, but not letting them leaving his eyes.

"W-why are you crying?" I said, shakily sitting up. He sat down next to me and I leaned my head against his shoulder. Mark put his arm around me and rubbed his thumb in circles on my arm.

"Because when you cry, I can't stand to see it. Sure, you look just as cute. But when you look into my eyes, and stare right at me, I can't even comprehend a world with you being unhappy. And while I do everything in my power to cheer you up, your tears, they just, make me cry. You have contagious tears. Just another superpower I've discovered that you hide." I sniffled and smiled, feeling better. The only person who was able to cheer me up this much was my mom.

"What else do I hide?" I couldn't find any other way to ask how Mark thought I was some kind of hero to him. He just silently chuckled, and sighed.

"I won't tell you all of them, because we'll be here all day. And night. But one of the best qualities of you is the way you make me feel. You just- I don't know exactly how to describe it. I can only be sad around you if you're sad. You make me feel special. And I can only hope the same feeling is felt when you're around me. I can only dream."

"I can't dream. And it is, especially when I wake up from a nightmare, or I'm feeling really depressed, or I just want to hide and never be seen- that's when you make me feel special. Beyond special. Like I don't have to worry about a thing in the world." Why did I just say that. I'm now scolding myself for being stupid. I can not fall in love with him. I just can't.

Unless I already have.

Mark and I are both filming videos. We decide to ignore the constant Twitter posts and tags for a few more days. God, I couldn't drag this out much longer. So I made a 'deal' with my fans. It's been a while since I've uploaded something, so I told them that if they wanted me to recreate the Fergilicious video, they had to stop tweeting both me and Mark about us as a new 'thing'. So, for April Fool's I uploaded it. (if you haven't seen the video play it now hehehe)

Mark came into my room dying with laughter a few minutes later. I sat there, growing redder by the second.

"Oh, don't be embarrassed. It was adorable,"

"Yeah, did you see my tweet before that?"

"No. Why?"

"Look at it. You're welcome," I said as I walked right out of my own room.

By the time I got downstairs, Mark had read the tweet out loud.

"THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!" Mark ran downstairs and wrapped his arms around me from the back. I snuggled into his chest.

"You're such a hippocrite, Eth."

"You're a hippo."

"Aww you hurt my feewlings," Mark teased me in a baby voice. I turned around to face him. I put my hands around his neck. I brought myself to think for a moment. Was I really going to ruin our friendship? But what if it wouldn't be? What if this was really what was for the better. I did and didn't decide against myself. I compromised, by giving Mark a sweet little peck on the nose.

"Does that feel better?" Mark smiled down warmly at me.

"A lot better, yes."

I blushed and looked up at him. Mark let go of me and I frowned. I didn't want him to let go of me. Ever. Mark quickly read my expression and grabbed my hand. He led me into the living room, and told me to close my eyes. He instructed me to put both of my hands out, palms up, as I feared what would happen next. Mark could be unpredictable. He handed me something soft, like a pillow. He told me to open my eyes and I did.

"What's this for?" I questioned, and Mark smiled giddily as I inspected the pillow I was holding.

"Guess." It should have been so obvious, and I wasn't prepared for Mark as he suddenly got tired of my silentness and screamed.

a/n: ahhh cliffhangers ami right? okay so im so sorry for not updating yesterday, i'll update twice today hopefully. this chapter has been a pain in the butthole to write, so I apologize. someone said they wanted conflict between Mark and Ethan, and i can't promise anything but if you keep reading then maybe something will happen! anyways ily guys SO much bye again ~susanna <3