chap. 4

"Mark," I said, being very cautious, as not to make Mark mad.

"I- uh- I-" Mark tried to get his words out.

"Mark!" I shouted, trying to think of an excuse. "I left my wallet at home. Come back with me?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. I will. We'll, uh, meet you at the restaurant in a few." Mark hastily hurried towards me. As soon as they were turned around, he collapsed into my arms. I rubbed his back as we made our way to the house. Mark just sobbed into my chest. I brought him into the living room where Mark just fell onto the couch face down, crying into the pillow.

"Shh, Mark, listen to me, it's okay, babe." I said that without thinking, but Mark just looked up ar me with sad eyes and I layed down next to him.

"We don't have to do this today, Mark."

"I- I don't wanna g-go. D-don't make, me Eth. Please don't m-make me!" He said in between sniffles.

"I'll text Tyler and tell him that you're feeling sick. Just hang in there."

"Okay."

I sighed. Mark was taking a shower and I was apologizing to Tyler. He said he understood, and I wished him luck. Mark came out of his bedroom, and I was just turning around to go to my room when he spoke.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you were-"

"No, it's not okay. I should have just gone along with it. I caused you problems and everyone else and I should just shut up." Mark's eyes were watery.

"It's okay. No one is mad at you," I said gently, holding his hands to calm him down.

I wasn't planning on letting go.