chap. 13

Mark, Tyler and I were introducing Chica to our fans in a new video. Tyler seemed more happy than even before Jack, I guess he really liked dogs. Tyler always has surprised me. He never fails to bring out his feminine side even, because we used to go to the mall, and Tyler always tried on the cutest things. Sure, he said it was only a joke, but I think most of us knew that Tyler could really be a child.

Thinking about old memories, and making videos, and hanging out with Mark and Ty really made me feel better. It took my mind off of... things. And I guess that was good. I want to tell Mark and Tyler everything, but I can't. My flight leaves next week and I don't know how to tell them why I'm leaving and such. I know Mark will want to come, and I don't know how to tell him that I want him to come, but it just might not work. I know I want to introduce Mark to my family, but that wouldn't be a good time.

But on the other hand, can I really survive it without a hand to hold?

At this point, I was sitting at the counter, crying. I didn't even realize Mark enter in. He immediately tried to comfort me.

"Are you oka-?"

"I'm fine." I snapped at him. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I immediately regret it.

"I-I'm sorry, I just- it's not a good time." I sighed and walked up the stairs and shut myself in my room.

A few hours later, someone knocked. I swore under my breath and opened it.

"Can you take me to visit Jack? Mark is filming," Tyler spoke calmly. I couldn't bear to see him wait any longer, so I hopped in the car with Tyler as we listened to Twenty One Pilots all the way there.

He was still in a coma. I felt sad for Tyler. He was playing the waiting game. There was no telling exactly when Jack would wake up, and who would be in the room. For all we know, Amy could have visited 10 times already. I pushed Amy out of my mind, only to have second thoughts about Mark staying home. I was quickly filled with anger and confusion as Tyler nudged me on our way out of the hospital.

"What?" I said to him, my voice full of distaste.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to go get ice cream or something, you didn't need to yell!" Tyler said, clearly taken aback. I was getting mad, and I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry Tyler, a lot is going on. But yes, we can go to ice cream." I smiled at him.

"Anything I can help with?"

"I need advice, and I can't go to Mark."

"Then I'm your man."

Tyler had given me his opinion on what I should do, and also apologized. I told him thanks and that I'd say hi to the family. I opened my phone, and scrolled through messages, lost for what to do. I decided to talk to Mark today. But first Tyler and I filmed a video. We laughed, and I swear I heard Mark laughing in the next room over, but I could never be sure. Tyler and I invited Mark to get Chinese food, but he claimed to not be hungry. God, is he still mad at me? Tyler volunteered to drive and pick it up, so I stayed behind and tried to talk to Mark.

"Can I come in?" I said, knocking on Mark's bedroom door.

"Yeah, if you're not going to yell at me." I felt a sting of guilt as I opened the door. As soon as Mark saw my pained face, he embraced me. I felt as if he could forgive me in an instant, and I was glad. He asked why I was so angry lately. I didn't have much to say without balling my eyes out, so instead I slowly slid my phone out of my pocket. I watched Mark's expression turn gray as he read the text:

From Dad: Your mom was killed in a car accident last night.

Me: What?

From Dad: I'll send you details for the funeral.

a/n: DUN DUN DUN.... I really hate killing people in stories because I would never want them to die in real life, just like how I like Amy in real life. This has definitely become sort of an AU... anyways, bye for now ~susanna <3