five

"J! Come in here and help me!" Mia called out to her from the kitchen window

"J! Come in here and help me!" Mia called out to her from the kitchen window. The brunette turned her head around to face her, almost getting hit by the basketball Jesse threw at her. She glared at him while Jesse only shrugged at her sheepishly. 

Jade started to make her way into the house and entered the kitchen to see Mia cutting up some stuff for the salad. The brunette joined her side and started to cut up tomatoes. "So," Jade spoke up after a minute of silence. "Things good between you and the buster?"

"Good." Mia answered shortly.

Jade glanced over to the younger girl, noticing the change in her voice. "What's wrong? Mia?"

Mia sighed and stopped cutting, Jade copying her. The two turned towards each other, not noticing that both Dom and Brian had looked at them from where they stood outside by the BBQ. "I don't know." She pouted. "I think I'm starting to doubt Brian."

"Wait, what? What do you mean?" Jade asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

Mia leaned against the counter. "I mean, like why did Brian choose me? Does he have something planned for this family? I just don't know. But I really like him and I don't want something to ruin it."

"Okay, first of all, relax." Jade started as she placed her hands on Mia's shoulders. "Everything's fine. You're just overthinking and listening to Vince and Leon's voices telling you that Brian must be up to something just because they don't like him. I've seen the way that boy looks at you. He looks at you like you're his whole world. And you look at him the same way." She pulled the younger girl in for a hug. "Allow yourself to be happy, Mia."

Mia relaxed into her. "Thank you, J."

Jade left Mia to finish up the salads and sides and walked back outside, catching the basketball Jesse had thrown at her. "You really couldn't wait until I was out of the doorway?" She asked him and Jesse only laughed at her. 

The two started a game of basketball, with Jade winning by a long shot when the sound of engines revving stopped their game. Jade and Jesse glanced over to the street to see Vince, Letty and Leon stepping out of the cars, each carrying a number of shopping bags in their hands.

"You better not have scratched my car." Jade called to Letty as she made her way over to her.

Letty rolled her eyes and chucked the keys back to her, Jade catching them and placing them in the pocket of her denim skirt. "No, I didn't." Letty calmed her down.

"I'm outta here." Vince said to them as he caught sight of Brian standing beside Dom.

Vince turned and roughly shoved his shopping bags into Jade's arms, the girl almost dropping them from not expecting that to happen. Leon sent Vince a confused glance as he began to storm back over to his car. "Come on, dog." Leon sighed.

"You don't have to go." Letty said to him as he continued to storm off.

Jade shook her head. "V, come on." She turned to Dom once Vince kept going. "Babe." She motioned to Vince with her head when Dom looked at her.