twenty four

Jade's naked body was pressed against her husband's as they lay in their bed

Jade's naked body was pressed against her husband's as they lay in their bed. They shared a kiss before Dom got out of the bed, putting some clothes on. He walked out onto the balcony, taking a swig of his beer. Jade rolled over in the bed but sat up once she heard a very familiar voice speak to Dom. 

"This is what one hundred million buys? It wasn't that hard to find you, Toretto."

Dom turned around to face Hobbs as Jade quickly pulled clothes on. "I wasn't hiding."

Hobbs walked closer to him, hands behind his back. "How's the life of the retired international criminal?"

"I like it here. It's quiet." Dom replied with a small smile. "Nice weather, and no extradition. So, what are you doing here cop?"

"Last Tuesday, a team of highly coordinated drivers took down an entire military convoy in Russia." Hobbs informed.

"I don't do cold weather."

"I know it wasn't you." Hobbs told him. "But you're going to help me catch the team responsible." At the sound of a gun clicking, Hobbs spoke. "And you ain't gonna need that."

The two turned to see Jade standing there with a gun at her side. "You can't touch him, Hobbs." She hissed.

"I'm not here to extradite anyone." Hobbs cut her off. "See, he's going to come voluntarily. As a matter of fact, he's going to beg me." Dom gave him a confused look as he handed him the file containing the photo of Letty. "This was taken a week ago. I'll see you out front."

Dom turned away from Jade, pulling the photo out. It was of Letty, walking out of shop, a close up of her face. He stared down at it shocked. Jade approached him, placing the gun down beside her as he turned to her. "What is it?" She questioned.

Dom handed the file over to her before leaving in the direction Hobbs did. Jade stared after him confused, before her eyes slowly trailed down to the file she held in her hands. Her breath hitched in her throat, tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh, my God." She whispered as she stared down at the photograph of her previously thought dead best friend.

Jade sighed deeply as Dom pulled up in the driveway of Brian and Mia's home, the two sitting on the grass with Jack. She shared a look with Dom before they both got out of the car and made their way over. "It's uncle Dom and Aunty Jade." Brian spoke to Jack. "What do you know? Are you waving?"

"Hey, Jack." Dom spoke as he bent down in front of them while Jade crouched down beside Mia.

"You excited to see them?" Brian cooed to Jack.