twenty two

"Close, but not enough

"Close, but not enough." Gisele informed Han after he got out of the car after testing the car out.

He shut the door behind him and turned to Dom. "Dom, the window is too small, man. Only way we're going to beat the cameras is with invisible cars."

Dom smirked at him. "And I know just where to get them. Let's take a ride boys." Jade gave him a look and rose an eyebrow. "And Jade."

"That's what I thought." She whispered to herself, following behind them.

Dom, Brian, Han and Roman sat in the back of the van whilst Jade sat in the front, Gisele driving them to the back of the police station. She slowed the van down as she pulled up to the fence, glancing over at Jade. "Don't hurt yourself."

Jade climbed out of the window and pulled herself up onto the roof of the van, before leaping off of it, grabbing hold of the fence and flipping over it. She landed on her feet and looked up as the others were climbing it. Together they ran stealthily towards a group of police cars, Jade going with Dom as they got in them. 

They drove out and stopped at a red light, Brian pulling up beside them. "It's been awhile since I've been behind the wheel of one of these." Brian said to them.

"First time I've ever been in the front seat." Dom replied as Han and then Roman pulled up on the other side of them.

"Hey, Rome." Brian called out to him. "What took you so long? I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners or something."

Roman let out a sarcastic laugh. "Real funny." He then spoke into the radio. "I got a hundred thousand that says I can take you all in the next quarter-mile."

"Yeah, your broke ass has got a hundred grand." Brian says, laughing.

"We pull off this job, I will." Roman replied. "The next two lights. Hundred thousand."

Han looks toward Dom, Jade and Brian. "We don't pull the job off, we're probably dead anyway. Let's make it a million." 

"I like that." Brian nodded. "All right, a million dollar quarter mile."

Jade chuckled to herself and Dom looked at her with a smile before turning to look at Brian, the smile never leaving his face. "You only live once. Let's do it." Roman said.

"What do you say Dom?" Brian asked Dom as the four revved their engines.

Jade's smile grew even more at Dom's response. "We talking or we racing?"