twenty one

"Got it

"Got it." Mia and Jade muttered in sync as they stood in front of the laptop. "We got it!" Mia yelled out to the others and everyone walked over to them.

Brian looked at the screen. "Yeah, we're looking at four cameras."

"Yo, that's some high end shit, too." Han added. "Marker optics. Hundred degree field of view. Ten seconds oscillation."

Brian rose his eyebrows and agreed with him. "Yeah, that's a narrow window, man."

"Can't we just tap in and replace the image?" Gisele suggested.

Tej shook his head. "Nah, it's hooked into a digital sync. They would know we were in the system. The best we can do is peek."

"We're gonna need some real fast cars to get through this." Roman spoke.

Han looked over to him. "Not just fast. You got a hard right and a hairpin. We're going to need something agile."

"You guys mock up a track." Dom ordered before a grin formed on his lips. "O'Connor. Let's go get some cars."

Brian grinned. "Nice." He whispered cheerfully as he fist bumped Jade.

It didn't take them very long to mock up a track before the six of them sat around a table and started to play card games. Rico and Tego sat in the background bickering back and forth in Spanish, Jade smiling amusedly at them. "Damn it!" Roman exclaimed as Jade won yet another game of poker.

"Suck on that." Jade poked her tongue out at him as Mia laughed at them. 

Roman started to laugh really loudly as Brian pulled in behind Dom in a blue Porsche 996 GT3 RS. Jade smiled slightly as she began to feel tired but she showed no sign of it. "Really? Where'd you get that from? Papa Smurf?" Roman teased as the two got out of their cars.

"Okay, O'Connor, give it your best shot." Dom said over the radio to Brian who waited at the start of the mock track in the bright blue car. 

After a couple of minutes, Brian pulled up in front of them and got out of the car. It was a good shot but sadly the camera still caught him. "How was that one?"

"Camera caught you." Han answered him disappointed.

"What?" Brian said in disbelief.

"Yeah, it still caught you." Han repeated.

"Man, I was milking the hell out of that thing, too." Brian walked towards them frustrated.

"We're gonna need a faster car." Dom looked at him.

Jade watched excitedly as it was finally Gisele's turn to drive the car. They had been doing tests for a couple of days but barely anyone had passed without getting caught by a camera. She watched the Israelian woman get into the Nissan 370Z. "I think I'm in love." Han muttered from beside Jade as they watched Gisele flawlessly drift through the track.