six

Jesse looked over at Leon, Letty and Jade as they worked on the engine for the car

Jesse looked over at Leon, Letty and Jade as they worked on the engine for the car. "Got a TR7 here, with a ball bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick."

"I got this set up for 24 psi." Letty told him as she gestured to what she was doing.

Jesse nodded. "Got it."

"All right, I'm done here." Jade told them before walking over to where Brian and Dom were fixing the car.

Brian sat on the outside of the car whilst Dom was sitting inside where the engine would go once finished. "So, you got big plans tonight?" Dom asked Brian as Jade sat on the other side of the car.

Jade rose her eyebrows before she remembered that tonight was Brian and Mia's big date night. She swallowed down her annoyance on the whole thing, remembering how crushed Vince had been about it. 

"Yeah, we're going out to dinner." Brian shrugged.

Dom stopped what he was doing and turned to face Brian. "You break her heart, I'll break your neck." He threatened.

"And I'll break everything else." Jade chimed in, sending Brian a sweet smile.

Brian glanced between the overly protective couple. "Wow you guys are a scary couple. But you can relax. That's not going to happen."

Dom grabbed the rag Jade held out to him and wiped the grease off his hands before handing it over to Brian. "I wanna show you something."

Jade tilted her head slightly as Dom grabbed hold of her hand, pulling her to her feet. Letty watched the three leave with a confused look as they got into Dom's car and took off. Once Dom pulled back up to the Toretto household, Jade smiled softly at understanding what Dom was about to show Brian. 

They got out of the car and Dom pulled open the garage door, revealing the 1970 Dodge Charger that was his pride and joy. "Wow." Brian muttered in fascination.

"Me and my dad built her." Dom explained as Jade sat in one of the chairs in the corner. "Nine hundred horses of Detroit muscle."

Jade crossed her arms over her chest. "It's a beast." She added.

Dom nodded at her words and turned to Brian. "Know what she ran in Palmdale?"

Brian shook his head. "No. What'd she run?"

"Nine seconds flat." Dom replied, proudly.

Brian shook his head. "God." He muttered.

Dom smiled slightly. "My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track."

"So, what's your best time?" Brian asked him, curiously.

"I've never driven her." Dom shook his head.

Brian gave a little laugh. "Why not?"

"It scares the shit out of me." Dom revealed.

Jade smiled softly at him as he spoke with honesty to Brian. She knew how hard the story of how his dad died was for him to tell and she was happy that he was trusting Brian with it. Her eyes welled up with tears as she remembered that tragic day clearly as if it happened yesterday.

Dom turned and pointed to the framed photo of his father with three year old Dom sitting in his lap, both wearing big smiles on their faces. "That's my dad. He was coming up in the pro stock car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenny Linder came up from inside on the final turn. He clipped his bumper and put him into the wall at 120. Um - I watched my dad burn to death."

Jade wiped away the tear that rolled down her cheek, as Dom explained what had happened to his father. "I remember hearing him scream. I remember Mia crying and screaming into Jade's chest." Dom continued, recalling what had happened. "But the people that were there said that he had died before the tanks blew. They said it was me who was screaming." Brian took the seat beside Jade, both watching Dom as he turned to face them. "I saw Linder about a week later. I had a wrench. And I hit him, and I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but by the time I was done, I couldn't lift my arm."

A soft expression overcame Jade's features as her boyfriend continued to speak. The brunette stood from her seat and moved to stand in front of Dom who wrapped his arms around her waist as he pulled her into his chest. "He's a janitor at a high school. Has to take the bus to work every day. And they banned me from the tracks for life. I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

[][][][]

Jade and Letty practically burst into Mia's room, only to see the girl pacing back and forth with clothes all around her on the floor. "You getting ready for your big date?" Letty asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Mia rolled her eyes as Jade laughed. "Yeah, but I don't know what to wear. Please help me." She begged them.

Jade grinned. "Well, let's get to work." She closed the door behind them. "Letty, you choose clothes and jewellery and I'll do hair and makeup. Mia go shower. Go!" Letty nodded in agreement and Mia ran out of her room and towards the bathroom as Jade and Letty high fived each other. 

As Jade started to set up all of Mia's makeup and everything she'd need to do her hair, Letty rummaged through her clothes and started to put together an outfit. "How about this?" She asked as she laid the outfit on the bed.

Jade nodded her head eagerly as she heard Dom call for Mia. She opened the door and poked her head out to see Dom standing in front of the door. "Where's Mia?" He asked her.

"She's showering." Jade told him. "Letty and I are helping her get ready. So shoo." Jade quickly kissed him before closing the door.

After another five minutes passed, Mia returned and Jade pushed her towards the chair she had placed in front of her desk. Mia slumped back into the chair as Jade got to work on her makeup and once she was done, started on her hair. While she straightened her hair, the three girls laughed loudly amongst themselves as they talked about everything.

Mia pulled on her ankle boots after changing into the outfit Letty had picked out for her and stood up nervously in front of the girls. "So, how do I look?"

Jade used her finger to motion her to turn around. "Your ass looks amazing." Letty whistled.

Mia quickly spun back around, a light blush on her cheeks as she sent Letty a playful glare. Jade shook her head in agreement. "No no, Letty's right. You look hot."

"Stop it." Mia laughed at them.

When they heard a knock on the door, Letty flew out of the room and down the stairs to make sure the guys didn't answer the door while Jade pulled Mia in for a hug. "I'm happy for you, M."

"Thanks, J." Mia hugged her tightly. "I love you."

Jade squeezed her before pulling away. "I love you too. Now, go out there and show Brian how hot you are." She slapped her butt and shoved her out of her room, Mia laughing at her.