thirty

Letty sat in the passenger seat of Jade's car as she drove them, well more like sped them, to a place that remained unknown to Letty

Letty sat in the passenger seat of Jade's car as she drove them, well more like sped them, to a place that remained unknown to Letty. They were in the middle of nowhere, desert surrounding them. This was the place that Jade had told her about, telling her that she wanted to take her and how it would hopefully make her remember something. "Come on, Jade." Letty whined. "So, where are you taking me?"

Letty turned her gaze on Jade as she spoke. "They say an open road helps you think about where you've been and where you're going. So, you don't remember any of this yet?"

"That's not fair. You know I don't." Letty replied. "So, what is it exactly that you're trying to show me?"

Jade motioned with her hand to the cars upon cars in front of them as they arrived at their destination. "That." She smirked at Letty. "Race Wars."

"We used to come here?" Letty questioned with a smile as she stared at the somewhat familiar scenery in front of them.

Jade rose her eyebrows at her. "Come here? Honey, we invented it."

As they drove in, they could hear whistles and loud music. Letty's smile widened as she let out a small laugh, looking around her in amazement. They were now at the starting line of the race, Letty in the drivers seat with Jade standing in front of her door. The brunette stood up straighter, peering over at the driver beside her before she bent down, leaning her hands on top of the car, letting her head come down into the rolled down window. "Keep it under nine thousand RPMs." She instructed. "Kid's gonna fry his pistons after the first two hundred."

Letty looked over to the driver with furrowed eyebrows. "You know that's not my style. I gotta ride or die, right?" She pointed out.

Jade gave her a stern look. "How about you just ride on this one, yeah?"

Once a tall brunette walked in front of the cars, wearing nothing but a hot pink bra and a colourful short skirt, Jade moved back to the side lines. The brunette gave Letty a look before the girl pointed one of the flags she held to the driver next to Letty, causing him to drive up to the line. She pointed the other flag to Letty, who did the same.

"Are you ready?" She pointed to the driver beside Letty, who revved his engine. "I know you're ready." She said as she pointed to Letty, who revved her engine too. She waved the flags around her, her hips following along with the movements before she finally lowered her hands, dropping the flags. "Go!" She screamed and like that they were speeding off down the track.

Not long after, the kid's pistons fried just as Jade had predicted causing Letty to win by a mile. Letty crossed the finish line, everyone cheering loudly for her. She slowed the car to a stop, getting out. Almost immediately, everyone surrounded her as they pat her on the back. "Hey!" A leggy Australian blonde called out as she walked up to Letty. "There's the girl I heard so much about. Where you been at, ghost girl?"