eight

Night became day as they reached the truck

Night became day as they reached the truck. Jade glanced over to Letty before focusing back onto the road as she sped up slightly. Dom swung to the right and started to drive towards the front of the truck, Jade swinging to the left while Leon stayed behind the truck. "Okay! Go time!" Dom told them through their radios.

"We're all good man. I got nothing on the scanners. Keep going." Leon said.

"Shit." Jade muttered as they heard a gunshot.

Letty looked over to her best friend worried as Dom's voice came over the radio. "He's got a damn shotgun! Leon!"

"Back off! Back off! Get him off of there!"

As the driver shot out Dom's back tail light, Jade pulled the handbrake and swung more to the left, speeding towards the front of the truck. The brunette reached for the radio and pulled it to her lips, one hand on the steering wheel. "Dom! I'm pulling up to distract him!"

Letty took the radio back and placed it beside her as Jade pressed down on the accelerator more before she swung out in front of the truck. Letty looked out the side mirror and smirked. "Come on boy! Shot doesn't get better than this."

Jade glanced towards her with a small smile. "Let -" She was cut off once the driver shot out the back windscreen, causing her to lose control of the car for a split second. "Son of a bitch!"

The truck driver pressed down on the brakes before speeding up. "Dom, move out of the way!" Letty yelled into the radio as she sent Jade a knowing look. "We're coming to get him!" 

Jade sped up and sharply turned to the wheel, her car sliding underneath the truck and coming out behind Dom's car. Just as they reached Vince, the truck smashed into their car, sending the car flying towards a bush, which flipped the car over, it landing upside down. Both girls groaned in pain as their heads hit the dashboard. "Letty." Jade tried to look over to her but had trouble as she was still strapped in. "Letty?" She questioned once she didn't get a response. "Shit." She whispered as she saw her blinking her eyes rapidly, trying not to fall unconscious.

A car stopped near them, the sound of a door being thrown open reaching their ears as heavy footsteps were heard. "Letty! Jade!" Leon shouted. "Come on baby." Jade managed to slide herself out of the car slightly, her eyes finding Leon running towards the two of them. "J! You okay? Oh, shit." Leon grabbed hold of Jade's arms and pulled her out of the car.

Jade coughed as she stumbled into Leon's chest. "We have to help Letty out." 

Leon quickly made sure Jade was able to stand on her own before quickly running to the other side of the car and pulling Letty out. Jade rushed as much as she could over to them, both herself and Leon helping Letty get to Leon's car. Just as the girls got into the back of Leon's car, the familiar bright orange car that belonged to Brian, zoomed past them.

Leon stopped beside Brian's car after they had got Dom and the two men jumped out. Brian and Mia had Vince on the ground a few feet away from them. Dom leaned his head back into the rolled down window, looking towards Jade as he grabbed her chin gently. "It's gonna be okay, baby. I love you." Jade nodded at his words and Dom let go of her chin and started to walk towards Brian and Mia, telling Leon to watch Letty and Jade.

Minutes had passed when a helicopter landed and Vince was taken to the hospital. Dom started to walk back towards the car, stopping once he realised Mia wasn't beside him. Jade moved over to sit in the middle as Dom started yelling for Mia to come. She took one last look at Brian before running towards the car and hopping into the back. Jade leaned against Mia once Leon took off driving, Mia wrapping her arms around her gently, Jade leaning into her more.

[][][][]

A loud commotion out front of the Toretto household captured Jade and Mia's attention as they looked to one another. Mia wasted no time in running towards the front door, Jade slowly following behind her. Her face still had spots of blood on it and her arm ached but she still pushed herself until she was standing on the front porch beside Mia.

"Dom, stop it! It's over! Please!" Mia yelled and Jade's eyes widened as she saw Brian holding a gun at Dom's face and a shotgun in her boyfriend's hand.

"Mia, stay out of it!" Dom yelled back and Jade placed her hand on Mia's back. "Move the-"

Dom was cut off as Jesse's white Jetta pulled up in front of the house, a very nervous Jesse getting out of it. "Dominic, I am so sorry!" He exclaimed as he stood on the lawn. "I don't know what I'm doing, Dom! I'm so scared right now! I don't know what's going on!"

Jade looked over to her boyfriend and they shared a look as Dom dropped his gun and walked towards Jesse. "Jess, what were you thinking, man?"

"I don't know! I panicked! I'm sorry!" Jesse yelled as Jade started to make her way towards him as well. "I'm scared! I don't know what I'm doing! Will you please help me?"

Jade's face paled as she heard the engines that belonged to the Tran's motorbikes. She looked down the street to see Johnny and Lance speeding towards them. Jade spun around on her heel and ran back towards Mia as gunshots went off. The brunette shoved Mia down to the ground, diving on top of her to shield Mia as the younger girl clutched onto her tightly.

Mia's breathing became heavy as she clung onto Jade tighter. "Dom!" Mia yelled as she saw Dom drop to the floor as he army crawled towards Jesse.

Once Johnny and Lance had left, Jade looked towards Dom and and Jesse and her heart dropped. "Oh my God, Jess!" She shrieked as she saw him lying on the concrete, a bullet in his chest.

"Jesse!" Mia screamed as the two girls started to run toward Dom who was holding Jesse in his arms. "Jesse!" The pair landed on their knees in front of Jesse. "No, Jesse!" Mia started to cry as she held him.

"Jess." Jade sobbed as she looked down at his lifeless body.

Dom got up and jumped into the dodge charger, taking down the street behind Brain. "No. Dom, no!"

Jade took Jesse's body from Mia and into her arms as tears streamed down her face. Mia moved in beside her as Jesse's head rested in Jade's lap. "Oh, God, Jesse." She whispered as they stayed there, crying over his body with Mia beside her.