thirty four

Ramsey groaned from where they had set her down, Letty looking over to her

Ramsey groaned from where they had set her down, Letty looking over to her. "Hello Kitty's awake." She called out.

"She don't look like a hacker to me." Roman muttered to Tej as they sat together.

Tej looked over to him. "Oh, yeah? And what do hackers look like?"

"They don't supposed to look like that." Roman said as Brian walked up to Ramsey, standing in front of her. "I'm just saying, like, you know, how they normally wear them little weird glasses that's all crooked, and pimples all over their face from drinking soda? I mean, trust me, with a body like that, you ain't gonna park it behind a computer."

Jade leaned against the pillar beside her, Brian crouching down in front of Ramsey. "How are you feeling? Did you hit your head?" Ramsey nodded in response. "Feeling nauseous? Ears ringing? No?" She shook her head.

"Where's my shoe?" Ramsey questioned.

"Oh, it flew off when you crashed." Brian explained. "If you start experiencing any of those things, let me know, okay?" He got up and stood back beside Letty.

Ramsey glanced around at them. "I don't know whether to thank you for rescuing me or kick your ass for throwing me off a cliff."

Dom stood beside Jade. "Thank us or kick our ass, huh? How about you tell us where that device is?" He asked as Jade glanced down with a smile on her lips.

Ramsey sighed. "I mailed it to a friend. In Abu Dhabi."

"That was pretty easy." Brian spoke surprised. "That other team would have tortured you for that information."

"I didn't trust them. I trust you." Ramsey answered, eyes flickering between them.

Jade crossed her arms over her chest. "Now, why would you trust us? You barely know us."

"I know enough." Ramsey said with a smile. Her eyes landed on Brian. "Ex-cop. Military, something like that. The way you took out them guys shows training."

She looked to Letty. "Tough chick, badass."

"Tech guy, offended by the hacker remark. Naturally." Tej.

"Alpha." Dom.

"Mrs. Alpha." Jade.

"Joker."

Roman stood up. "Wrong. Double alpha. Man candy. You know what I'm saying?"