13 Reasons Why (I Stayed)

1: To hear a person's laugh when they're with the person they love.

2: To witness many more mornings when you look out the window and see trees delicately frosted with snow.

3: For the people I inspire without even knowing it.

4: Because my teen librarian told me she wouldn't lose another one.

5: For the sight of freshly turned leaves swept up in a cool, blustery day.

6: For when random people in public smile at you.

7: Because at some point in your life, you have been someone else's reason to smile. Why would you take away the opportunity to make someone else's world light up momentarily?

8: For summer nights rife with crickets and fireflies.

9: For songs that make you feel infinite in the moment.

10: For those special people whom I haven't gotten the chance to meet.

11: For myself, because I have potential and deserve a chance at life, despite the demons that try so hard to drag me down.

12: Because my therapist told me suicide doesn't mean the baton of pain is gone, it just means you pass it on to someone else.

13: Because you have no way of knowing how much emptier the world would be without you. You are not an oracle, so please, don't take the risk.