How To Get Through Heartbreak

1: Learn calligraphy. Paint. Color. Make pretty things for yourself.
2: Do yoga. Eat junk food. Take bubble baths. Treat yourself better than they treated you.
3: Listen to new music and avoid the music you associated with them. Not forever. Just until the sting dulls.
4: Buy some new things. Books, clothes, makeup. Don't break your wallet, but get yourself more than they got you.
5: When you can't sleep at night, binge all those shows you've been meaning to start.
6: When their texts aren't there to fill your day anymore, read new books and don't let your focus wander.
7: Whenever you start to miss them, tell yourself out loud that they chose to leave and you deserve far better.
8: Whenever you start to blame yourself, tell yourself out loud that you were open and willing. Their callousness is not your fault.
9: Sing your favorite songs, and let yourself belt out those vengeful breakup songs. Anger is natural.
10: Write down your unfiltered thoughts and call it poetry, because no one can define poetry for you.
11: Look in the mirror and say 'I love you' to yourself when no one else will say it to you.
12: Never let yourself think that you can't get through this. You will be okay.