Chapter 2

Two Weeks Ago

"We're gonna have so much fun, girls. I can't wait 'till we land in Cabo", Rachel said excitedly.

My two best friends - Rachel and Maya - and I were going to have a fun weekend, before I get married to the love of my life. My lovely fiance decided to treat us with a small getaway, while him and the boys have their time alone. We didn't plan anything major for bachelor and bachelorette's parties since those always end up with a lot of drinking and partying, and we wanted to enjoy our wedding without that terrible hangover. So, this weekend is all about me spending time and catching up with my future brides maids.

"Ooo yeah, Mexico here we come", Maya said and put her arms around me and Rachel while we were walking into the airport.

"I can't wait to finally be there, I really need this mini-vacation." I said and felt so excited.

It's been a long time since the three of us went together for a vacation. Rachel was in a serious relationship with her boyfriend Shawn, and Maya is always in open relationships, which allows her to go anywhere anytime. Still, since I was usually single in the summer, when we could all go to a vacation with our boyfriends, we could never manage to plan a vacation together. Even though Lucas and I have been dating over a year, and were engaged almost a year as well, we didn't have time to go to a long vacation for all that time.

I work as a content marketing manager and he is a chief marketing officer. We work at the same company, which is where we actually met. Lucas was already working there, and I just started working as an intern. He helped me with the job a lot, and the more time we spent together the more we connected and started enjoying each others company. After we've been dating for a year, one day he just asked me to marry him and I said "Yes". I didn't even have to think about it, it just felt right. He was the love of my life and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

Little did I know this trip to Cabo was about to turn my life upside down.

Two and a half hours later we were finally landing. I personally hate flying and I do it only when it's really necessary. So, this was a nerve-wrecking experience, but it's finally over.

"Cabo, sweet Cabo" I said and smiled to my friends.

"So, what's the hotel your future hubby arranged for us" Rachel asked as we were walking across the airport.

"It's a resort actually" I said and raised my eyebrow "5 star resort to be exact"

"No way! Are you serious?" Maya was so pleased. And by the look of Rachel's face, she couldn't complain either. They both looked at each other and smiled.

"That's my generous man, always taking good care of me" I sad proudly, and finally spotted our airport host who escorted us to our private car. A round trip airport transfers to and from San Jose de Cabo airport including a personal greeting by their airport host and a private car were all the part of our package.

When we arrived at the resort Rachel and Maya were absolutely speechless. I had already seen it online, but the two of them couldn't even imagine that this place looked so good.

 I had already seen it online, but the two of them couldn't even imagine that this place looked so good

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.