Chapter 3

Jared was getting closer than I should have ever allow him to be. Luckily I pulled myself together, and pushed him away . He smiled, looked away and bit his lower lip. It was obvious that he wasn't surprised by my move, but he probably thought I might do something else. Still, I was engaged and I didn't plan on ruining that wonderful relationship over some rock star.

"Wou" he said as he almost fell, tripping over something.

"What do you think you're doing? I'm engaged" I said and pointed at my engagement ring, a bit frustrated.

He looked down and said "Hm, it's your flip flop. Here." he gave me back the slipper.

"Thanks, I must've dropped it when I sneezed."

"Yeah. Look I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just .... I'm sorry, OK" he said and smiled again. Damn that smile of his and those pearly white teeth got me all confused. They were literally sparkling under the dimly lit lights that were coming down from the beach entrance.

"Khm" I cleared my throat "That's OK, thanks for the slipper, and good night" I said and turned away walking towards the resort.

"Can I at least know your name?" he shouted after me.

"Good night Jared" I said and smiled, not turning away.

I was determined to rush back into my room, curl up in the bed and forget all about this night. Especially those chills I got from touching his hand. I was gonna pretend all this was just a stupid dream of mine. Plus, I'll never see him again, so what's the point dwindling about it anyway.

I came back to my room, put on my night gown and went to bed. Going to the beach was not such a good idea after all. Instead of calming me down, it only got me more buzzed and alert. I barely slept that night, and before I knew it the dawn was breaking. With the sound of the sea and morning breeze that was slowly entering my room, I managed to fall asleep as the morning was rising. My alarm clock went on at 8.30 am, and I was immediately up.

I stretched in my bed, yawned from all the fatigue and rubbed my eyes. I was sitting up for a moment and tried to wrap my head around last night. Please let it all just be a silly dream of mine. I'm gonna get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed and go to breakfast. An amazing weekend is ahead of me, and nothing will ruin that.

I took my loose off the shoulder top, a ripped denim shorts, and sunglasses and I was ready to get out. My hair was a mess, so I put it in a messy bun, I took my phone and headed out to the restaurant. I knocked on Maya's and Rachel's rooms, but since I didn't get any answer, I presumed they were already downstairs.

Breakfast was served outside, so I came through the restaurant and headed towards the exit, out on the terrace. As I stepped outside, there he was getting inside. Jared fucking Leto. Why, God? Why did he have to stay at the same freaking resort I did? There's no God, I'm positive now. This just can't be happening.

 This just can't be happening