Chapter 7

Jared and I were lying next to each other on the corner sofa for some time, when I realized it's been more than 2 hours since I had left the office. I tried to get up and go to the bathroom to clean up, but he wouldn't let me budge.

"No, I'm not letting you go just yet," Jared said as his arm laid across my chest squeezing me into him.

"I really have to go, or I'll be in some serious trouble," I said and caressed his cheek.

"Aren't you already knee deep in problems," he asked with a nasty grin.

"Yeah, thanks to you, I am. Now, let me go, or we'll both be screwed up," I said and moved his arm finally able to stand up.

"I'd say we've covered that part half an hour ago," Jared said and laughed.

"Very funny, Leto," I said as I picked my blouse and my panties from the floor, and rushed to the bathroom to fix my make-up and wash up.

I was such a mess. My hair was all tangled, and make-up almost all gone; thank God Jared took off my blouse right from the start, or it would be completely ruined by make-up. I washed my face, put on make-up from the start and combed my hair, looking decent again. It wasn't long before I stepped out of the bathroom, that Jared was standing in front of the door waiting for me.

"Oh, waiting to escort me out," I giggled and went to pick my blazer up from the floor and take my shoes. Jared grabbed my arm and tugged me towards him. He hugged me, while I wrapped my arms around his waist. We looked each other and smiled, like two teenagers at the beginning of their relationship.

"Stay," Jared whispered and leaned in to touch my forehead with his.

"You know I can't," I said and closed my eyes letting out a small sigh.

"You can, you just don't want to," he said a bit pissed off and pulled away.

"That's not fair," I said and went to pick up the blazer. I put on my shoes, and headed towards the door.

"That's it, you're just gonna leave," Jared asked clearly irritated.

"I told you I'm getting married," I said as I grabbed the door knob, "This isn't gonna work. I need you to stay away from me, and just forget everything," I said and turned to face him, not letting go of the knob. "That's why I came here. To let you know we can never repeat this. What happened ‒ happened, I'm not gonna deny it. But It can't happen again. Ever. This was a goodbye, Jared," I said and quickly got out of the room hoping the elevator will be on this floor and that Jared won't come after me.

Finally, the luck was on my side. Jared stayed in his room and I was out of the hotel within a couple of minutes. I went back to the office hoping Lucas wouldn't be suspicious. I checked myself in the mirror in my car, and everything was in it's place, so I was ready to go back to work.

"Well, well, did the future Mrs. Walker finally got back to work," I heard Lucas's voice as I was about to step inside my office.

"Hey honey. Yes, I'm back and I'm exhausted," I said and hugged him.

"How was everything with the caterer," he asked.

"They needed me to approve on some of the appetizers and thankfully they called because we'd get all vegetarian meals, instead of a mix of vegetarian, vegan and the ones with meat," I think about this in a second, hoping he'll buy it.

"Good, now at least that's taken care off," Lucas said and kissed my head as I stayed in his embrace.

This didn't feel right at all. I kept thinking about the past couple of hours, and I felt like the biggest cheater in the world. I knew I wouldn't be able to fix this, but I hoped that the guilt will go away at some point. I needed something to distract me from thinking about Jared, but the wedding planning wasn't gonna be the thing. If anything, it'll keep reminding me what I've done.