Chapter 11

Nicole's POV

"All set?" Jared took the luggage and looked at me before he scanned the bedroom for the last time to make sure we had packed everything for our trip to Milan.

"I am. We can finally go," I exhaled in relief, wanting to be as far away from LA. The previous day took its toll on me and I was in desperate need to fly some place peaceful and drama-free.

"OK, the car is outside, ready, with Emma waiting for us to head down to the airport," Jared walked towards the front door and I followed.

We were finally on the plane after a couple of hours of driving, check-ins, and the tedious airport mess everyone needs to go through when they fly abroad.

"Stop fidgeting you're gonna make me nervous," Jared teased me.

"Sorry, but I hate flying. If we could just take off already, so I can fall asleep and not even remember we were up in the air at all," I sighed watching through the window nervously. I always hated flying, and knowing we'll spend more than 12 hours on the plane was completely freaking me out.

"You know, there are plenty of ways to cut time short," Jared smirked at me and grazed my thigh leaning in to kiss my jaw.

"Nice try, but I'm so not in the mood for that right now," I chuckled and took his hand into mine.

"OK, but don't worry. I'm here to protect you all the time," he winked and pulled me closer to him, kissing me on the temple.

"I know. I always feel safe around you," I nestled in Jared's arms so comfortably, I felt like that was truly my safe haven.

The flight was quite long, and with the 9 hour time difference, this trip was gonna be more mind-numbing than I thought. By the time we had arrived, it was already around noon, on Monday. Luckily, the Gucci show was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, which gave Jared and me enough time to rest, and take jet lag under control, to a certain point anyway.

We were in our hotel room and I immediately plopped on the king-size bed, without taking any of my clothes off.

"Oh my God," I huffed completely exhausted, "I'm never leaving this bed in my life."

"That comfortable, huh?" Jared asked as he tipped the boy carrying our luggage.

"A-ma-zing."

"Ahhhh, you're right, this feels like heaven," Jared plopped on the bed next to me, closing his eyes for the moment. We were both lying on our back, breathing slowly and just enjoying some peace and quiet. Jared's breathing soon started to become really slow, which made me think he was about to fall asleep.

I felt most at ease after a long and relaxing shower, so even though this bed was like the cloud itself, I felt an enormous urge to hit the shower and wash the scent of a plane off me. As I moved an inch, Jared's hand suddenly grabbed mine.

"Going somewhere?" he opened his right eye, making a funny face.

"I thought I could get a shower," I sat on the bed and kissed his hand.

He lifted himself just enough to grab me and lay me on top of him, "Come here," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist, letting them rest on the small of my back.

"I'll suffocate you if you keep me lying on top of you like this, for too long," I said biting my lower lip and caressing the edge of his face with the back of my hand, all the way to that gorgeous jawline.

"Of course you won't silly," he lifted his head to kiss me softly, "I just want you in my arms for a little while," he slowly slid his hands down my bum and groped it, leaving me all tingly.