Chapter 4

I was so caught up with the moment that I had completely forgotten that Jared and I weren't alone. We were in the middle of the night club -kissing - with so many people around us; but we didn't care. Thanks to those tequila shots, my inhibitions were so lowered that I couldn't even recognize myself. In the middle of our kissing session, I suddenly heard a female voice.

"Nicole!"

Shit! Rachel and Maya came back from the bathroom and they caught me making out with Jared in the middle of the dance floor. I moved away from Jared, wiping my lips off, looking at him and smiling like crazy. This was so unlike me.

"Hey girls, you're back" I said with the goofiest smile on my face.

"Yeah! What do you think you're doing?" Rachel scorned me big time. Maya, on the other hand, smiled giving me a thumbs up, so that Rachel wouldn't see.

Rachel was always a good girl, and witnessing this was probably the biggest disappointment for her. Maya, on the other hand, never thought relationships should be serious. She had always had more than one "boyfriend" and she loved it. But not a single friend of hers was like that about guys, so she probably thought "finally, I'll have someone to be sinful with".

"Um... we were just..." I looked at Jared and couldn't stop smiling, so I buried my face into my hands, to try to calm down a bit.

"Kissing, yes we can see that. I think it's time to go." Rachel was furious.

"Yeah. We should." I agreed, took my clutch and started going towards the exit.

Jared quickly came behind me grabbed my arm and stopped me for a second, then he whispered "At least now I know your name" and kissed me on the cheek.

I just smiled and kept going after Rachel and Maya. We were at the resort shortly after, and we all went to my room. Now I was about to get a bickering session from Rachel.

"What the hell were you thinking? Seriously? How could you do that?" Rachel asked and tossed her clutch to the bed. Maya didn't say a word, and I just took of my sandals and plopped on the bed.

"Oh.... please just stop yelling. My head is spinning so much." I said with my hands massaging my temples. I was really buzzed and Rachel only made things worse.

"Give her a break Rachel, will you?" Maya started defending me.

"Excuse me? You actually approve of this." Rachel was in shock.

"Well, it's not that I approve, but we should really be there for Nicole right now. I'm sure she has some reasonable explanation for this. Right?" Maya looked at me expecting an answer and set on an armchair in front of the bed.

"Not really." I was barely able to look them in the eyes. The reality slowly started to hit me. "All I know is that I couldn't resist him. I just couldn't. I wanted to, but I simply couldn't. My entire being was craving his touch, his lips, his kiss... Oh my God listen to me" I said and buried my face into my hands.

"Yeah, I can't believe you just said that" Rachel sat on another armchair and kept her eyes on me.

"Look, I know it's wrong... but he's just so... ugh" I lied down on the bed and covered my face with my hands "How could I've done this to Lucas... I'm such a bad person."

"No, stop that" Maya stood up and set next to me on the bed. I rolled on my hip and supported my head with my hand, to look at her "This can be your last hooray before the happily ever after with Lucas" Maya smiled and rubbed my arm to make me feel better.