Chapter 8

Jared's POV

"Well, well, if it isn't the big shot rock star, Jared?" Maya said as she slammed the bathroom door.

"Hello," I said through a laugh.

"You certainly got some guts to do all this right here," she said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I always get what I want, no matter how I have to get it," I said and walked to the door to get out.

"I bet you do. But you'll get Nicole into a lot of trouble, if you don't stop this little fling of yours."

"Who said this was a fling?" I looked her over my shoulder as I walked out of the bathroom.

Suddenly I actually felt the need to go to the bathroom so I just went to the men's room.

"Jared?" a guy asked as he looked me in the mirror. I looked at him, but even though he looked familiar, I couldn't remember where we had met.

"Yes?" I said and frowned, indicating I wasn't sure who he was.

"Lucas. Lucas Walker, I was an intern back when you had our company doing your PR," he said and it hit me.

A couple of years ago I switched from one PR to another, and Lucas was there learning the ropes. We actually hang out quite a lot, but as the years went by, we drifted apart and I was so wrapped up with all the commitments and tour that I had almost completely forgotten about him.

"Right, right... Hey man, how's it going," I smiled and greeted him, genuinely glad to see him.

"Great, I was just having lunch and going back to work," Lucas said, "What about you?"

"You know, same as always. Recording, filming, work, work, work. So how have you been? Settled down yet?"

"Actually I'm getting married next Saturday. You should come. My fiancé would be thrilled to meet you. She loves you," Lucas said happily.

"Um, thanks for the invite, but I'm not sure I could make it. I may be flying to Italy next week," I answered.

"Well, if you stay, please join us. It would be a pleasure to have you, and surprise my bride-to-be," Lucas said hopefully.

"Sure, I'll let you know in a couple of days."

"Great, I have to go. Hope to see you next Saturday." Lucas said and went out.

Nicole's POV
The next week went by crazy fast. With the ultimate preparations for the wedding and constant meet-ups with Jared, I felt like I needed at least two more me to function properly.

At one point, I had no idea whether I was meeting the venue owner or a caterer, or which day and time it was. I got so wrapped up into this whole mess that unless I got out of it I would probably have a nervous breakdown.

"Look, this was seriously the last time we saw each other," I said to Jared as I was buttoning up my white silk shirt.

He laid on the bed, watching me lustfully as every other time.

"You said that the last time, and the time before," he said as he came closer to me, while I was sitting at the edge of bed.

"I know, but this is definitely it," I said and lifted a shirt slightly up to tuck it inside my pants. Suddenly I felt Jared's hand on my wrist. He lifted my shirt and kissed the small of my back with his soft warm lips that instantly made every nerve in my body throb.

"Damn it Jared," I snapped and got off the bed, "Stop using sex as leverage every time I try to talk to you," I said all flustered.

"That seems to be the only way for you to realize that you will never be able to resist me," he said flirtatiously still lying down.