Mo' Money Mo' People To Kill

Chapter 49 - Mo' Money Mo' People To Kill

"Shadowcat."

"Snzrk... uh... wha? Who?"

"Sky. A bird came for you."

"A huh? Bir-whut?"

"Messenger pigeon."

"Feckin'... kill it, th'n... stoopid crap-machines..."

The orange-and-white-tailed Fox-kin sends a frown through the early-morning gloom, but continues to trail her gaze across the collection of tangled Founder-bodies. "You still need to browse this message."

"Feh. Crack 't open fer me."

"It's from Alyssa Brahm, though."

"Do 't."

After letting out a soft sigh, Skyler then pulls out a small, tightly-rolled message with a minicsule wax seal before un-winding it. "Zed. Trouble. Gov noble threaten seizure BK assets. Zed two be sum Vis four aud. Good hunt. AB."

The small Cat-woman scowls as she lazily traces her gaze across the ceiling of her room, re-playing the message over in her head a few times in succession.

Obviously, the word 'trouble' from Alyssa meant a catastrophic event. Anything less would just be an annoyance. But if her intelligence about the governing noble threatening to seize Beastkin assets was true... then it was definitely a worrisome issue.

And she was to be summoned for an audience in Viscily... meaning that she'd have to head over to Balise and tele-magic-crap from there. Lovely.

Most unsettling, however, was the conclusion... 'Good hunting'. Meaning that Alyssa whole-heartedly believed that the negotiations would fail no matter what, and this pretentious noble would have to be culled... with a more friendly human propped up in their place.

This was not good. Just a week after her wedding, and things at the Sisterhood had been progressing well... and now she had to deal with this...

"So whatcha gonna do, Shadowcat?"

Zen continues to scowl towards the ceiling for a few more moments, then lets out a soft sigh while beginning to extracate herself from the tangle of bodies. "Guess I gotta kill me a noble all sneaky-like."

"Won't that cause problems?"

"Remember this, Sky. It's only a crime if you get caught."

"Isn't that obvious?"

"Good girl." The short scout flashes an evil grin to her cute protoge, then slips out from under the final few arms to scoot over to the side of the bed. "Well... guess I'll be gone for a couple 'f days, at least. Maybe upwards 'f a week. In that time, you girls will have t' defend our homes to the death."

"Seriously?"

"Yup." Zen paces over to her personal back-pack and delves a hand inside for a search for clothing. "If Alyssa's message is as bad as it sounds, then this noble might try to seize my property while I'm away. And I'll remind you, that not only includes the hotels, but all of the girls in the Sisterhood."

"Tch." The alluring Fox-kin absently pulls out her mithril dagger and starts to whirl it around in her fingers while watching her gorgeous Master slowly get dressed. "Should we really kill whoever tries to do that?"