A Final Few Preparations

Chapter 94 - A Final Few Preparations

"We could simply plan this a bit better, sweetie."

"Hush. Just do it."

Joanne displays a frown as her wife just continues to stand there with arms folded across her chest. "It won't take long for us to-"

"Gods, Jo. Just tele-magic me to the bloody capitol, already."

"Fine." The ginger healer leans over to place a hard kiss against her mate's forehead, then steps back and brings up an image of a shadow-drenched alley. "You've got an hour. So no snacking."

Zen blinks twice upon realizing that her position had drastically changed from a roof-top lounge in Kileah to the well-used landing-pad inside the capitol, then she snorts out a breath of amusement and whirls around to head towards the entrance of the Black Market. "Yeah, good luck with that."

The small Scout needs just a few minutes to reach the textiles shop acting as a front, and soon afterwards she's strolling out into the darkened cistern packed to the brim with dangerous people.

On this visit, however, she's even more on edge than before, simply because they knew that there were twelve members of the Black Rose still stationed in the capitol.

All of the names provided by their inside-man Belvedere had proven to be legitimate, and for the rest of the previous night Jo and herself had been keeping careful watch over them all, charting their courses and interactions with the others from their cult.

For the moment, they appeared to be operating within their satus-quo, or at least taking great pains to not be seen making any agressive actions. That could change within a moment's notice, however, so they needed to be monitored constantly.

Hence her trip to the capitol's Black Market.

"Well, well! It's good to see you again."

Zen doesn't even bother to return the greeting, and instead just marches past the young-looking information-broker, through the long curtain concealing the sound-proof room, then impatiently waits beside one of the comfy chairs until he secures the door. "I need some things. Today. Right now."

"Expiediency costs extra."

"Doesn't matter."

"Well, then." Dorian flops down onto his usual seat and splays his hands out wide. "What can I provide you with?"

"Clairvoyant tools. At least three of them."

The young-looking elf holds his breath for a few moments, apparently either calculating the costs, or the risks associated with his client's request. "I... may know the locations of some items that fit your description."

"None for sale?"

"Things such as those would never be for sale."

"Tch." The short Cat-woman drums her fingertips on the top of the seat she was meant to relax in. Obviously, she could understand why no-one would part with a mirror like hers... but that meant wasting time that she might not have. "How rare are they, anyways?"

"Fairly. Certainly more uncommon than orchialum weaponry."

"So... not as bad as adamantium?"