Chaos

Chapter 95 - Chaos

After teleporting into her enchanter's cluttered work-space, Zen plucks her magical monacle from her eye-socket and rubs at the chafed surfaces. "Hey."

"Oh. Good timing... but... I suppose that's exactly why you showed up when you did."

"Pretty much." The small Scout pops the gold-rimmed spec back into place while shuffling over to the final stack of tabards. "You made sure to check the functionality?"

"Of course." Kolt neatly folds the last of his exhausting work-pieces and adds it to the pile before indicating his empty cup. "Care for a tea?"

"No time. For both of us." Zen stores the stack inside of her hip-pouch as she lets out a heavy sigh. "Feckers are movin'. Gathering up before dispersing. You'd better get downstairs before we seal off the safe-room."

"I suppose it'd be fruitless to ask if I could help."

"Yah. You might be a good mage, but so 're these arseholes." The short Cat-woman cycles through another round of images in her monacle, then purses her lips as she notices that the last few were beginning to exit their command-centre. "Go."

"Alright."

"Quickly." Zen shifts her view to her brother in Galtaire, then swaps locations with some vacant air at his side before plunking herself down onto the dining-hall's bench. "They're movin'. Give these to the last few girls."

"Sounds good. I was gettin' tired of waiting."

"Just don't die, ugly."

"Same to you. Feckin' Cat."

The small Scout trades a wicked grin with her sibling, then smacks a fist against the false and spikey one of his own. "Keep my girls alive."

"Well, I'm not about to sacrifice myself, 'r anythin'... but I'll certainly try."

"No. You'd better sacrifice yourself. Prick. Carson."

"Mizuki."

Zen gives the dour Labrador a curt nod as she stands up from the bench, then teleports over to Jozejemi and taps a shadow-covered figure on her shoulder. "Sky. They're comin'.

"Hey, Shadowcat. And, yeah... they're comin' outta the teleport-place, now."

The short Cat-woman peers through the snowy night-time vista to spy the fact for herself. "Who set up those lanterns on the side of the building?"

"Sare. Said it'd help."

"Those stupid magey-feckers are gonna kick up a racket for defiling their abode."

"Feck 'em?"

"Attagirl. Love you, Sky."

"Love you too, Shadowcat."

Zen foregoes tearing her Scout's attention away from tracking their enemies just for a kiss, and instead teleports herself to the dining-hall of Kuro and Shiro in Kileah. "It's go-time."

After a full second of dead silence, the combat-teens lingering around explode into action, producing their weapons and scattering off in teams to protect their assigned entrances.

In their wake, only a single human remains, and Joanne slowly drains the remaining drops of her tea before gently setting the cup down atop it's saucer. "Well, then."