General Mischief and Mayhem

Chapter 86 - General Mischief and Mayhem

"Have fun, sweetie."

"Why aren't you comin'?"

"'Cause I'm going to do stuff here."

"There's nothin' t' do, though."

"I've still got to catch up with everyone. See how they're doing."

"So... talking."

"And tea. And all those little cakes that Hanna made."

Zen slides an icy glare in the ten year-old's direction, but since the girl just displays a wide, prideful smile, apparantly the effect is completely lost on her. Besides, this look was because the damned star-baker of the Sisterhood hadn't made extras.

"Kisses."

The small Scout issues a snort of annoyance, then accepts a trio of tender smooches from her wife before meandering along behind the pack.

Once inside the teleportation-room, also known as an un-rented suite, she pulls out her enchanted hand-mirror, and is then forced to waste time looking for a nice, clandestine landing-spot... which was apparantly a bloody rarity inside of the nation's capitol.

Finally, though, Zen finds what she's searching for, and within moments they're all shunted to a heavily-shaded alley, flanked by a pair of six-storey stone buildings.

The gaggle of girls begin to ooh and awe, which annoys her, even though her tail was pridefully swishing. "Oi. Shut it. Okay. Now, this is probably your first trip to the capitol, so these are the rules. First and fore-most, no-one goes anywhere alone. You stick in a group of four. If someone needs to go to the rest-room, you pair off."

"Why?"

The short Cat-woman offers Aria a frown for her interruption. "'Cause people go missing all the time. And since I'd bet you don't want to wind up slaves, again, then you'll stick to the bloody rules. Second. You will stay in the commercial district. You will not wander, especially you two."

Skyler blinks twice as she's shot with a warning-glare, then she glances up to her human to ensure Sarah had understood that their Master was being deadly serious. "Okay, Shadowcat."

"Good. Third, you will keep track of the stores and merchandise that appeals to you. Later on, I'll be entering negotiations to either bring a brach to Jozejemi, or at least import their goods for sale. If we can't buy in bulk, then we'll simply have it made. As I understand it, jobs are in high demand at Galtaire, so we could at least employ a bunch of idiots to make junk for us. Any questions?"

Anna briefly raises her hand in order to be acknowledged. "What're you gonna be doin'?"

"I... nothing." Zen shifts her gaze towards the stone blocks at her left in an effort to play coy. But none of her Sisters buy it. "Tch. Fine. I'm goin' t' visit the black market."

"Wha's a black mark't?"

"It's... like a normal one, but they jus' sell a buncha stolen stuff, or things that ain't really legal."

Hanna offers her wise sibling a slow nod, but since it didn't have to do with cooking or chocolate, the information just simply doesn't register.