And After One Sleepless Night

Chapter 65 - And After One Sleepless Night

"Jess? C'mon, sweetie. Time to go see what trouble Zen and Jo got into."

"Hnnn."

"Oh, come on. You shouldn't be that tired."

"I sleep more when it's cold out."

"Not today, you don't. Come on." Mishone tugs back on the trio of thick comforters hiding her gorgeous wife, exposing the girl's bare body, and causing her to shriek.

"C-cold!"

"Then get dressed."

"Y-you're horrible!"

"Yuh-huh. I'm annoyed. Been trying to get you up for fifteen minutes."

"T-terrible... Gods!" The chestnut-haired human mage scrambles over to her enchanted pouch atop the dresser, and swiftly sets a new personal-best for putting on three layers of clothes to ward against the chill.

"Huh. Like when I first met you."

"Shut it."

"So beautiful..."

"S... quiet."

"C'mere."

Jessie fails at keeping her frown in place, and readily allows her sweet puppy to claim a long, passionate kiss. "I was too fat back then."

"You were just a little plump. Didn't take you long to slim down, though."

"Long enough. Speaking of. Do we have time for breakfast?"

"We're going to eat with all our new Sisters, remember?"

"Oh. Nice."

The white-furred Husky snorts out a breath of amusement, then steals another pair of soft kisses before spinning her mate around. "Let's go."

"New Sisters... can't wait." The human mage hurries down from the third floor of the most-lavish hotel in town, one that they wouldn't even try to compete with, since the attendants were all pompous human arseholes, and only stops for a moment to throw on a long, thick scarf before stepping out into the beautiful winter wonderland.

Unlike the previous day, this one held no bone-chilling gusts of wind, nor even a steady breeze. It was just calm, cold, and gorgeous, what with the bright sun shining down onto the sparkling snow.

Mishone sneezes. Twice.

"Caught a cold?"

"Bah. No. I always sneeze when I come out into such a bright environment."

"That's... strange."

"Happens to a lot of Beastkin. Especially the ones with good eyesight."

"Huh." Jessie waits for her wife to swipe at her nose, then she leans over to plant a kiss on the tip. "Another quirk to love about you."

"Keep movin'." The young Husky-kin gives a playful shove to her mate, and they slog a block and a half up the main avenue to view their hard work from the previous afternoon and evening.