No Better Place to Train

Chapter 61 - No Better Place to Train

"That's it?"

"Yes?"

"Tch. Either you Merchants are getting a lot more stingy, or there's just really no money to be had on the first five levels of the Dungeons."

Wei offers her land-lord a wry smile before handing off a small pouch filled to the brim with shiny golden coins. "I'd say that two hundred gold for a day's work is glorious."

"Yah, but you make all of twenty a year." Zen issues a dismayed sigh as she stuffs the purse into her enchanted bag. "Y'know, if you wanna take a coupla days off from this crappy job, you could always tag along with some of my girls."

"I, uh... I don't think-"

"Hundred percent guarantee you make it back. And you'll make a shite-load of shinies."

The slim Appraisor nervously shifts her weight from one foot to the other as she thinks about the dangers... but, ultimately, her greed wins out in the end. "I-if it's just... once a month, or something-"

"That's fine. Just tell Clara or Elsa to set you up. At least in the winter it's actually warmer than outside. Unless it's a randomized frost level." The small Scout pops her shoulders in a shrug while spinning to head for the double-doors of the warehouse. "See you later, yah?"

"Stop by whenever you get back!"

"Sure thing!" Zen offers a half-hearted waive before shoulder-checking one of the doors, then gets all of eight strides over to Shiro and Kuro before an absolutely gorgeous human causes her to halt in her tracks. "Whoa. Hey, there, sexy."

"Who're you callin' 'sexy'?"

"Hmm... my wife?"

Joanne issues a musical giggle while firmly closing the door leading into the office-section of the Merchant Guild's building. "So? How was it?"

"Ugh. Tiring."

"How so?"

"Just using magic? Are you kidding?" The short Cat-woman allows a heavy sigh to escape as she readily face-plants against her beautiful mate's chest. "I doubt I've ever gone that slow in my entire life. Took an hour and a half to clear just the first floor."

"Aww, muffin." The red-headed healer issues a snort of amusement while giving her wife a tight squeeze. "It's like starting all over again, huh?"

"No shite... just 'cause I've got no confidence with this crap."

"Sweetie... it's magic, not crap."

"Whatever. It's too slow."

Joanne lets out a soft sigh before pulling a little ways back from her Beastkin lover. "You just need practice. Lots and lots of practice."

"Hmph."

"Come on. Let's go get a stiff drink."

"In a bit. I gotta go drop off a bunch of stuff to Kolt."

"Reagents and the like?"

"Yeah. Wanna come?"

The tall healer bobbles her head in non-commitment for a while before opting to just give a shake of her head. "Nah. I stopped by for tea yesterday and said my fare-wells. While you were busy losing to Uma and Polly."