Epilogue - Part Two - Even If You Try

"Sweetie... you need to get dressed. Now."

"I told you. I. Ain't. Goin'."

Joanne spins from in front of their dresser's mirror while struggling to attach the back-plate for her expensive white-gold and diamond earrings to send a deathly glare towards the naked kitten on the four-post bed. "Mizuki. We talked about this. About why you need to be seen in public."

"Feck's sake, Jo. You're goin'. Jess an' Mish are goin'. So I don't have to."

The red-headed healer drops her hands down to rest atop her hips. "For the last time. You are the leader of the Scylla Sisterhood. And you will attend every single major event in which we are a part of."

"Hmph. 'Major' event. Just a buncha stupid muckity-mucks gabbin' 'bout change."

"Of which the Sisterhood is a part of."

"Tch."

"Don't you cluck your tongue at me."

"Whatever. Alyssa would turn over in her grave to see me standin' next to th' stupid new King and that feckin' Belvedere."

"Sweetie... Alyssa'll be there, too. Don't act as if she's dead."

"Hmph. She's terrorizing all the new girls in Kileah."

"Teaching them how to cook high-class meals is not called 'terrorizing'." Joanne rolls her eyes before snatching her wife's hip-pouch from the top of the dresser and lobbing it onto the bed. "Now stop delaying. And you'd better choose something appropriate."

Zen's frown only grows more pronounced as she slowly scoots towards the edge of the bed. "I feckin' hate this..."

"Less grumbling, more dressing."

The short Cat-woman pulls herself up to her feet atop a dragon-skin rug, of which she herself had slain just the previous year, and starts to pull out random articles of high-quality clothing from her small pack, just to make it seem as if choosing something was a much larger hassle than it actually was.

"I know what you're doing."

"I'm-"

"Hurry up."

"Hmph." Zen skips to the end of her charade, and produces a stream-lined charcoal dress made by the finest clothiers in the capitol, then pairs it with some sparkling gold finery and some soft shoes trimmed in the same. "How's this."

"You wore that on our anniversary. Two days ago."

"So?"

"So you spilled champaigne on it."

The short Cat-woman blinks twice, then glances down and flips the dress to find a wide stain trailing down the left side of the front. "Oh, yeah."

"Wear your cute white dress."

"It doesn't show off my tits, though."

"Exactly. I don't want you inadvertantly flashing anyone."