Epilogue - Part Three - Into the Future

"Head-Matron Ursina?"

"One moment." Clara swiftly completes a sentence in her daily activities log, then looks above her reading-glasses to the slim twenty-something human girl peeking her head into the lavishly-appointed office. "What do you need, Melanie."

"There's a paige from the Royal Palace. I suppose she'd like a report."

The massive Bear-kin lets out a heavy sigh as she relaxes backwards in her custom-made and reinforced chair. "Just tell them that the preparations for Princess Rumire are complete. That she'll have her own suite, and her two attendants will be given the rooms beside her own."

"Yes, Head-Matron."

"Also inform them that she'll have a dedicated instructor. The finest that we could ever hope to produce."

"Anything else?"

Clara slips her glasses from her nose and places them onto her journal. "Just remind them that the Royal Guards must be limited to women only. We don't allow males on the campus."

"Yes, Head-matron."

The huge Beastkin waits for her secretary to close the thick door, then she pushes away from her desk and spins to look out upon her minature kingdom.

From this spot on the eighth floor of the administration building, she had perfect sight-lines over the central training-area, the four dormitories on the flanks, and the pair of huge educational facilities at the back of the highly-walled compound.

Twenty-three hundred girls attended this campus every year, and it was a very far cry from the humble beginnings of the Scylla Sisterhood fifty-two years previously.

All the newly-minted teens in the country had long been educated in these types of settings. And this was but one of six the Sisterhood had across the nation. Any over-flow was handled by the hotels they still operated, though the women choosing to go there were always local, and their families more in need of additional money to be sent home.

These campuses focused mainly on proper education, magical theory, and group tactics. And it was a certified shame that so many of their numbers never intended to step foot into the Dungeons.

But that was probably the reason why the previous King had forced the Sisterhood to adopt every thirteen year-old in the country. That sly bastard knew they'd be so pre-occupied in keeping the girls safe and happy that there'd simply be no time for a revolt.

Regardless, old Caleb still did them a service. Did the nation a service. First by giving young slave-girls protection under the law, then twenty years later doing away with slavery altogether.

At first, the slave-owners all across the country whispered about an uprising, and even the nobles went so far as to try and assassinate the King a dozen times...

But at that point, the Royal Family had a whole contingent of elite Scylla guardswomen, and thus, the assassins couldn't even get close.

Yet that was the pinnacle of the Sisterhood's power on display.

After just a few more years, things normalized, and the country grew in prosperity by leaps and bounds. The girls coming to the Sisterhood's schools a decade after knew nothing of the struggles of those that came before, though they were thoroughly educated by the time they graduated four years later.