Everything is Hypothetical

Chapter 85 - Everything is Hypothetical

"Miss Zen?"

"Hm?" The small Scout in question swivels her head around with expression of slight confusion as to why she'd been singled out, but, really, with her hearing, she already knew what to expect. "Oh. Who's this, Matron Christoff?"

The super-slim femme takes a nervous glance to the grizzled old human lumbering at her side before returning her attention to the SIsterhood's leader breaking her fast. "This is Mister Feinstein. The Captain of the Guard."

"Well... pleased to meet you. Care for some food?"

The un-shaven and sour-looking male slowly pans his eagle-like eyes around at all the other tables, apparantly scrutinizing the wide selections available. "Shur."

"Then, Matron Christoff, could you set the good Captain up with a full spread?"

"Of course, Miss Zen."

"Take a seat. Girls, could you give us a little privacy?"

Feinstein watches and waits until the half-dozen sheepish teens pick up their trays and move a fair distance away before moving over to take a place opposite of the little Beastkin. "We've got a problem, you an' me."

"Oh, really?"

"We shurly do." The older human plants an elbow onto the surface of the table and glowers under his shelf of a brow. "Seems Ah've got near a dozen men missin' eyes an' thumbs."

"Hope they find them."

"Whut."

"Since they lost 'em. I hope they find 'em again."

"Jokes." Feinstein's frown grows even more pronounced upon realizing that this situation was being taken lightly. "You think takin' mens eyes and thumbs is funny."

"Quite hilarious." Zen flashes a wicked smile as she reaches towards a mug of spiced berry-water. "But what makes you think I had a hand in that?"

"Don't play coy. Ah heard whut those boys were plannin', an' then they turn up missin' bits. Doesn't take a genius t' put two an' two t'gether."

"Oh, gee, planning what, I wonder."

"You already know." The grizzled human's lip curls in a bit of a sneer while glaring at the frustrating feline. "Robbing and kidnapping."

"Well... since all our girls are accounted for, as is all our coin, I simply can't, for the life of me, figure out why you'd come calling."

"Drop th' bullshite. Galtaire don't allow no vigilante-ism."

"Oh, well that's great, considering how capable the guardsmen are here." The short Cat-woman rolls her eyes at the thought. "Good thing half the night-watch isn't just sleeping, and we can leave everything to them and the incorruptable Justices." Since the old male inadvertantly shifts his gaze to the side, he essentially admits to knowing about those small problems. "It's wonderful that we can allow the long arm of the law to keep us all safe and happy, huh?"

"Those're different matters. An', frankly, none 'f your concern."

"I'd say those issues concern us plenty."

ZEN - Part Two [COMPLETED] [#WATTYS2017]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें