Another Month, Another Sixty Saved

Chapter 64 - Another Month, Another Sixty Saved

"Hurry up, woman."

"Sweetie. If you nag me just one more time..."

"You'll whut."

"You'll be sleeping in a barn for the next week."

"Ehn... slept in worse places."

"Not the point."

"Well... whatever." Zen spins around on her heel to allow her moody wife some space to pack the rest of her things, and withdraws from their shared room to poke her head into one a few doors down. "You girls ready?"

"For the fifth time, yes."

"Sixth. She yelled through the wall once."

"Ah. Right." Jessie slides a wry grin from her gorgeous puppy to the impatient feline. "What's takin' Jo so long?"

The small Scout issues a snort of annoyance. "Gods know. You say good-bye to everyone?"

"That party last night wasn't decent enough?"

Zen innocently blinks twice, then leaves the silly witches behind in order to give another fare-well to the girls on duty in the kitchens.

Naturally, a few of the teens shed tears, though it's unkown if it was joy or sorrow, since the past three weeks had been extremely rough for them, and just after she gives them all hugs, kisses, and ensures they promise to keep up the rigorous training-regimen they'd been following, Joanne shows up to drag her away.

It's just a short walk down the frozen-mud road to the teleportation business, and the pair of space-time mages there tele-magic them to their latest destination.

Of course, the pair of Beastkin take a moment to ensure their assets are still the same as ever, then the quartet of founders move out into snow-storm racking the town of Galtaire. "What is this shite?!"

"Sweetie... it's winter. What'd you expect?"

"Tch. Whatever. Let's get to the damned Merchant Guild before I freeze my bloody tail off."

Mishone, unlike the other three femmes, actually loosens her scarf to let in a little more of the wonderful, blustery wind. "This isn't bad at all."

"S-seriously?!"

The white-furred Husky-kin looks to her very bundled wife and offers a shrug of her shoulders. "It's a lot colder in your parents' territory, though."

"I-I don't remember it... being this bad."

"You used to have a little more padding, though."

"D-don't remind me."

"I miss the old Jessie..."

"Mish!"

"What? It's true." Mishone flashes a teasing grin towards her lover's barely-visible eyes, then links an arm in one of her mate's own in order to help guide her through the calf-high snow drifts. "But I guess this means we'll have to cuddle more, just to keep you warm."

"Ever the newly-weds." Joanne offers a musical giggle through her muffler as she grips the teenaged human's other arm in an effort to keep the poor girl upright. "Mind the ice, dear."