But I Just Woke Up

Chapter 88 - But I Just Woke Up

"Oh. It's nasty over here." Zen grimaces against a cold gust of wind while tucking her enchanted hand-mirror away, then turns to address the twelve teens from Galtaire who'd decided to make a day-trip to Kileah. "Alright. Tell whoever's goin' t' the capitol to gather in th' lobby in about a half-hour. Hand out all those presents, first, though. Jana-the-Brute, you're in charge 'f that."

"Why me?"

"'Cause it's both embarrassing and hilarious, all at the same time." The small Scout tosses a public-use sack towards the sulking vanguard before shooing the girls away. "Git. We'll be back this afternoon, an' leaving again right before dinner. Make the most of your time."

"We'll go say hello."

"Me, too."

Zen offers a nod to the other three founders as she whirls around and heads towards the roof-top apartment.

"Sweetie? That's Wei's place."

The short Cat-woman comes to an abrupt halt, then quickly looks about to ascertain that they were on the rooftop of Kuro and Shiro, and not the other hotel. "I... knew that."

"Mmhmm."

"Seriously. I just wanted t' say hi."

"Well? Why'd you stop, then?"

Zen displays a frown while glancing over her her shoulder to the wry grin trapped on her wife's lips. "Was thinkin' 'bout doin' it later."

"Uh-huh."

"She's... not actually in. I can smell it." The small Scout's ears twitch as she clearly hears the latch of the door click, but she doesn't dare look away from her ginger lover.

"Hi, Wei!"

"Hey, Jo. What's goin' on?"

"Not much. We're going on a day-trip to the capitol in a bit. Wanna come with us?"

"Gods, no. Thanks, but no."

"Aw. Why not?"

"That cesspool? I'd probably wind up kidnapped within ten minutes."

Joanne giggles at the likely scenario. Unlike their Sisters, Wei's training hadn't really progressed much beyond better lung-capacity and stronger muscles. She just really didn't have it in her to stab anyone. "Well, I'd say we'd protect you, but I doubt that'd change your mind."

"Yeah, no. I think I'll just make the most of my day off an' sit around in my jammies readin' books."

"Sounds fun. Oh! Check with the girls, later. There's a couple of presents for you."

"I like presents."

"You'll love these."

"Alright! I'll swing down a little later, then. Thanks, Jo."

"No problem!"

"Cya, Zen."

"Wei."

The short Cat-woman waits until the portal falls shut once more, then she hauls out her enchanted hand-mirror and calls up a view of their other roof-top apartment.