Pleasant Surprise

Sunday- March 17

“Weren't you hanging out with your friends!?”

He tilted his head, shaking his head gently. “I rather be with you.”

“But this is the only day you guys have a break, I don't want to intrude-”

“You're not,” he interrupted, “hey, I have a better idea! Let's go back to the office where we met.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to show you a dance!”

I rolled my eyes, “I can't dance.”

“That's why I'll teach you.”

“You, teach me? I couldn't possibly accept that.” Without realizing I had forgotten about my date, Jimin had managed to drag me out the restaurant.

“Why not?”

“Because, I couldn't repay you.”

He smiled down on me, I waved down the valet. He obviously found my height amusing, he had the audacity to pat my head and rest his on mine.

“I don't want money.”

“What do you want, my soul?” I was far too lethargic to move his head, but guessing by the looks, we fit perfectly together.

His hug from behind was beyond uncomfortable, not physical, but emotional. His arms, wrapped on my shoulders and neck. I held onto his arm, turning my head to see a little smirk play on his lips.

“You're so small, and sassy. Reminds me of manager.”

“Na-yeong? She's nice, I like her.” Jimin opened the passenger door for me. I got in subconsciously, as he sat in the front.

“Of course you do, she's as sassy as you are.”
I nodded silently, putting my seat belt and crossing my legs. My dress had folded uncomfortably under me.

“So, what is it that you want. You don't want money, so how could I repay you?” My hand attempted to smooth out my dress without making it appear weird, but to no avail.

He pulled out of the driveway and pondered. “I want you to be happy. I... I know we don't know each other too well, so I'm in no place to tell you this but... You have to forget your boyfriend.”

I was surprised by his answer. Why did it seem everyone wanted me to keep my distance, even Jimin thought it was a bad idea.

I chewed the inside of my check, folding my hands over my knees. “I don't know if I can...”

He turned his head towards me for a second, turning back to drive. “Why.”

“He's my boyfriend... I... We've dated the moment I started training... I just don't know what to do.” I crossed my arms against my chest. He glanced in my direction, putting his jacket around my shoulders.

“I guess it was a bit unfair of me to ask of you... Why don't you repay the dance lessons by letting me teach you, so that one day we can perform it.”

I sniffled, smiling as I whipped my runny nose with the back of my hand. “We can't perform it, they'll suspect me. I'm supposed to be undercover, remember?”

He chuckled, “I'm not usually one for breaking rules, but I really want to break the rules with you.”

“That's not good.” I frowned, I didn't want to be the reason he got in trouble.

“You're right... That's great! That means we'll get in trouble together!”

“Jimin, wait, that's not what I-”