The Room Where it Happened

Sunday-March 29

I sat down on my knees in the dark, leaning over my coffee table with an erasable pen and colorful paper. I did not want to wake Jimin up, so I snuck my way downstairs to write. This letter was one of the thousands I send to my father since I've moved to Korea. Ok, a thousand is an exaggeration, more like 1460 letters, one for each day. I never missed a day, but when I thought I would, I stayed up nights like these to plan ahead.

A puffy eyes, makeupless Mochi walked down my stairs, rubbing his eyes and waddling towards me.

"Why are you up so late?"

"More like why am I up so early," I corrected. Jimin at this point had his eyes half closed, almost making them straight lines. He thumped down next to me, slouching and staring mindlessly at my paper. He sat there a few seconds, sitting crisscross applesauce with his hands on his thighs.

"Are these the letters you send to your father?" He asked, which I nodded as a reply. His head turning back towards the paper on my table. "It's in English..."

"It is, my father is dexterous and happens to be fluent in twelve languages... Or was, at least." My dad was actually really good at everything: he seemed to understand Alaric and my feelings as if it was second nature. He was also a good teacher and somehow managed to keep his work life and personal life in balance. He would even take me to his job, even if it wasn't a bring your kid to work day.

"He sounds like a cool guy," Jimin yawned, savoring his mouth and nodding rhythmically.

I didn't want to mention it, but I couldn't help but notice that he was only wearing his boxers and a T-shirt. I blushed, looking down at my own shorts, pulling and tugging them shyly.

He ripped a light blue sheet of paper from my notebook. Taking a red pen and opening the cap with his teeth.

"Watcha doing?" I asked, scooting closer to him and touching his arm. It was cold, and he had goose bumps after my touch. "You want a blanket?" I turned to reach for my blanket.

His hand held my arm and forced it to wrap it around his body. "I'm fine."

My head was also forced to lean on his shoulder, and I blushed once again, smiling like a dork.

So much for waiting for the right moment.

Ace waddled his way towards us. My head lifted, I smiled, outstretching my arms. Ace began running, cuddling onto my lap. I ran my fingers trough his fur, combing it neatly. Ace looked up at Jimin, licking his hand as he also began rubbing his head.

Jimin smiled, his eyes still poofy and tired looking. He began writing, making scribbles here and there. He made sure to add little drawings: there was one of a long haired girl, holding hands with an incredibly taller guy. I'm guessing he was exaggerating the height difference between us. He scribbled Ace in, making him as dark as possible.

This letter was signed at the bottom with his signature, making sure to write his name in Roman letters, then hangul.

"Jimin..."

"I want you to send this directly to where you send them to you father." He continued talking as he sealed the envelope with his tongue. "I also want you to promise me you won't read it until your father gives it back to you and tells you to read it. I will always be behind you, every step of the way, I'll be there to catch you."

He smiled, gently placing the letter on the palm of my hand. I had sealed my own envelope earlier and had packed everything up while he was writing.

He lifted me up, carrying me like a small child. I certainly felt small in his arms, but he has never made me feel like a useless or confused child.

"Jimin, be careful, I'm not exactly wearing clothes that cover much, and you can trip and fall!"

He smirked, "you need to sleep, tomorrow you have to train your new teammates, and I have to take care of Ace." My eyes felt droopy, and I leaned my head wherever it fell. As soon as he put me down I went into my normal fetus position, as a soft blanket was tucked underneath me.

With my body half conscious, I felt the other side of the bed shift, and the bed sheets slightly tugging. A smirk played on my face, barely conscious of his acts. "You are not keeping your word."

"Let this be between you and me." He wrapped his arms around me, letting me be the smaller spoon of the both of us.

"It's already hard for me to not get attached to you: you have done nothing but treat me like more than I deserve."

"I am not even going to fight you with that, it's too late, you know how perfect you are. Now, please let me be the man who's arms you sleep in, tonight."

I was starting to get angry at how cheesy this all was, yet at the same time, no way in Hell was I going to stop this. "Goodnight, Chim Chim."

I hold tightly onto his arms, curling into him.

"Please, Jagyia, call me Oppa."

Time Skip~Monday-March 30

Jimin and I had both realized that neither one of us told the company the location of Jimin. He could get in trouble, and I could get fired. So both of us were quick on our feet.

How the Hell could we have forgotten something like that!?

I slowly panicked, inhaling slowly and exhaling at the same rate. I was driving, and Jimin was sitting silently next to me, his eyes still a little droopy. He sat there, his hands in between his legs and slightly slouched, yet he would try to compose himself once in a while.

"I doubt anyone will believe our phones died at the same time..."

"Nope."

"And I bet everyone noticed you were missing."

"Yep."

"So... Jimin, are you awake?"

"Nope." I flicked his arm as hard as I could. His head slowly turned towards me, his eyes still slammed shut. "I felt something hit me, do you think a was a cute little bug accidentally flying into me?"

"Oh shut up."

He giggled, scratching his head and looking towards the road. "Let them find out."

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

"At least I'm not the one who doesn't have most of their clothes on."

The car was silent. "You are the one without most of-"

"Yeah, I just realized that..."

"...I'm actually wearing all of the proper attire for a casual day-"

"Yeah, yeah... You butt." I giggled, glad to know that there could be some light in a situation like this. "And you know what... Pouring out all of my thoughts down on paper was relieving. I actually might start doing in from now on... Do you... Do you mind?"

"Not at all!" I was surprised by his request.

"I'll try to write at least once a week, ok?"

"Okay." We finally arrived at the building, and I unbuckled my seat belt. Jimin opened his door, but my hand had somehow gotten a grip on his sleeve. "And Jimin... Please stop wasting so much time on me, I need you to focus on your career."

"But I am-"

"I know you are, but there have been times like these where I am afraid of being the reason as to why you might not be concentrating, or the reason you might get scolded. All I'm asking of you is to leave my sorry ass alone once in a while, and focus on what you love too."

Jimin remained silent in the car, his face impassive, almost giving me an are-you-kidding-me look. "There has been enough drama for today, I'll tell you my thoughts tomorrow."

Ace barked from the backseat, startling us both. How did he get back there? I almost forgot Jimin had to dog sit him... How did Ace know he was supposed to go with Jimin?

I stop questioning things and hurry up and get Jimin and Ace inside. Now to not get caught.