Closure

Friday- April 19

The subject was heavy yesterday. Jimin had sworn that he was not going to tell anyone about the incident. I am not even aware of what happened, it must have been too much for me at once. They were all so impressed with me, they all seemed to look up to me in a way. Why? I have a messed up life, I have basically been an orphan my whole life, and when I did have a dad, he wasn't even blood related to me. Either way, I was born and raised to be a killer, to defend myself. I was raised to expect disappointment and cruelty from the world. I had to endure poverty with my brother. He raised me for three years of our lives, yet he couldn't keep me by his side. His drug addiction got in the way, the alcoholism scented my childhood. Even as a child, I did not have the right to be a kid. My brother never did, I was all he had. He wouldn't play games, he would constantly study, protect me, or focus on being an agent like my dad always wanted.

Jimin had to know every detail of my past, not all at once, but the jist of it if he actually wanted to get involved. I oppose it, considering he will get caught up in the middle if he does. But every moment that shaped me as a human, every moment that lead up to me almost hurting myself on the cliff, would make sense if he knew where it all began.

I honestly don't know what was happening to me.

How I took it was different from Jimin; I saw it as a weak moment, a moment that everyone needs to go through to really appreciate being happy. Jimin took it as another reason why I can't leave his side.

For the first night, Jimin was not the man that I had a passion for. He wasn't someone to keep me warm at night. I don't think he ever was. That night, Jimin and I had built a bond I never thought I could have with someone. He became my person. The person who I could go through hardships with. Despite the fact we had only known each other for so long.

Have you ever had someone you clicked with? Someone who you simply can't lie to, because the thought of it repulses you? Not because of the fear they might do it back, but because you don't want to risk them leaving your side.

When you find someone who makes you feel alive inside, never let them go. A person who values another will never put themselves in a position to lose them.

...But enough about him, right now I have to focus on tying the loose ends of my life.

I stood exactly where Elroy told me we would meet. I turned around once I heard his voice call out.

"Kingston!"

I stood there, waiting for him to reach me.

"Hey, Elroy, you can call me Revy" I'm so awkward... "I guess we're siblings." Nice one.

I sat down on the bench, he looked around anxiously, as if he was waiting for something horrible to happen.

"I guess we are... why don't we go inside?" He offered. "The weather is going to get worse."

I agreed, going inside a building and standing next to him. He spoke only in French, did he know anything else? I wanted to ask, but if I could speak the same languages as he could, what was the point?

"So... how are you handling all of this?"

"It's chaotic, but I guess it's fine... So Alaric..."

"He's fighting for custody over you. I know..." It was quiet, but we continued walking. "I think it's a bad idea." His head turned towards me, his eyes big. "You're almost eighteen, you probably don't need an adult anymore."

"That doesn't mean anything... I can't stay with Desiderius."

"Who is that?"

"The man who Alaric punched in the face yesterday. Our mom's lover..."