Teenage Dream

Dream

I sat in the back of the classroom, tapping the pencil and watching the clock tick slowly. Tick after tick, I grew impatient. When would the class end? First-hour Health sucked, especially because you have to take it in high school, doesn't matter what year, just as long as you take it. So for all I know, I could be stuck with a lazy senior as a partner.

I watched the teacher pass by my desk, she didn't even bother to ask if I had the homework. I'm a good student, don't get me wrong, but my homework in this class did not affect my grade, and I had better things to do that night. Na-yeong handed in her homework, and I scowled. "Hey, why do you even do it?"

"What?"

"The work, it doesn't count."

"Yes, it does."

"... What?"

"You're thinking about next hour, it does count in health... you didn't know that?"

I sat in silence, tapping my foot impatiently. "So I have been literally missing homework for a few weeks, and you never cared to tell me!?"

"I told you yesterday, but you were staring at Busan." Busan was the code name for the guy I liked who I had in this class.

"I was... point taken." I laid my head on the table, sighing. 

She sighed too, raising her hand. "Mrs.Lee, Revy forgot her homework at my house!... Actually, she forgot a lot of her assignments at my place, but I never got the chance to bring them back." Mrs.Lee nodded, taking the many weeks of homework I was missing. My jaw almost hit the floor with shock, not only had I caught a glimpse of the perfect forgery of my handwriting, but it was loads of papers she had just turned in.

"How did-"

"Don't worry about it, just bring in your own homework from now on. Deal?"

"Deal."

Mrs. Lee started the class, she pulled the overhead down and unfroze her computer screen. "So today we will be doing a three-day assignment, you can use these next three class days to talk to your partner or waste your time, it's really up to you. I'll still be assigning homework, but it will be minor to this three-day assignment." We had just finished our STD presentations, so whatever this assignment is, better be easy.

"Will we be able to pick our partners?" Jin, who was one of the seniors who isn't as annoying as the others, asked.

"Yes, but you can't pick someone from your grade or your same gender. We are going to base this off of real life. I understand about LGBT, but we are going to assume that adoption doesn't exist and you have to procreate to make babies." Oh no. "You will all be given an electronic baby to take care of for 72 hours, how you plan everything is up to you. But I want a report every day, and I will determine your final score by this little thing" She pulled out a fake baby from a box. "You have five minutes to pick your partner."

I gulped, but before I could turn my head, I heard a loud voice scream, "Dibs on Revy!" I was as surprised as the rest, who could have wanted me so desperately to yell in the middle of class?

Everyone turned their head towards the left side of the room, which just happened to be where the older classmen sat. My jaw dropped when I saw Jungkook (the thirteen-year-old freshmen, may I add) with Jimin desperately holding him still. Jungkook had a smirk on his face, and Jimin got off, sitting with both arms crossed. "So who wants to be my partner?" I asked.

"I do!" Jungkook smiled.

"You can't." The teacher shut down, pointing at him. "You guys are in the same grade." The group of boys that sat around him laughed, some of them asking the teacher if they could be my partners instead. Okay, something very fishy is going on.