Salary

Thursday-March 28

I wasn't exactly a teacher to them, more like a tutor, or mentor... That's sort of the same thing, but the point is: I was teaching them what they already knew. Adrian was the only one to complain about it.

We were now in the shooting range. As a Friday, we had the whole arena to ourselves. I was known for having my father's eye, hitting a target after another.

Helping them with reconnaissance, anti-terrorism training, martial arts and business etiquette was harder than it seemed: they had so many questions.

"How long did you study to get your Ph.D!?"

"53 months."

"How much did it cost!?"

"More than 5,617,978 won." Some of them gasped. Once I reloaded the gun, I handed it to one of my best students.

Mariana.

She was the student that responded all of my questions; physically, she was at the top of her game, and she didn't lack discipline. Unlike others.

"How much do...do..."

"I make 210,345 won an hour..." I knew I shouldn't have blushed, but that's pretty high for a bodyguard. Probably more than what a Heart surgeon would make. "I work for eight hours."

"You make 605,793,600 won in a year," Mariana informed everyone.

"What is that, translated into dollars!?" The scrawny dude asked Mariana.

"Like... 527,040 dollars in a year! The average American makes 32,000 yearly!!!"

I sat there, frozen to the bench. At least I wasn't the most paid bodyguard, one of my coworkers from the Corporation said he made about 1.5 million dollars a year.

After I told them my salary, everyone suddenly became more enthusiastic and determined to get onto my top three. Go figures.

Time Skip-Friday-March 29~morning

It was around the time I was teaching them the art of driving. Of course, as a bunch of 26 and 28-year-olds, they already knew how to drive, but I needed to assess their driving skills.

I had a fellow co-worker drive another car as if tailing us.

"Okay, so what's the first thing you're going to do Mariana."

"Well, first I remain under control as if I hadn't noticed yet. I'll take an alternative route calmly, but not report it." She was going to turn, but no one gave her the chance. "I have my signal on, why won't people let me go, I'm a nice person!!!"

Mariana nicely swerved into the parking lot, moving from the next stage: being followed in a public space. "Umm, Mariana, slow it own."

She growled, gripping onto the steering wheel. She sighed, tapping the staring wheel impatiently. One quality we both share: impatient behind the wheel.

"Please people, have mercy on me and let me cut into your lane!" She swerved but luckily made it, losing my partner. I sighed, calling it in.

"Umm, good job. You passed."

Next up was Tony, he's not the scrawny guy, but he seemed like a good candidate. Not because all of the girls seem to like him, but because he blended in nicely, and he's handsome, so he would nicely represent the boys. I don't think he's handsome, it's just what I've heard... Shut up.

"It's okay to curse when I drive because what happens in the car, stays in the car. Correct?"

"Ummm, yes?"

He almost lost the other car, but my partner quickly recovered. "Fuck!"

I smacked his head, "Tony!"

He scowled, "I hate everyone on the road."

"Even me."

"Especially you."

"Thanks, Tony."

"You're God Damn Welcome!!!" He screamed at the car who didn't gesture thanks after he let them pass.

After Tony finally lost the car, we stopped, and I took a small break. Getting out of the car and sighing, I heard a seatbelt click. Adrian sat patiently.

"I'm ready." Oh, God.

At least they know how to parallel park...

Adrian's turn was up, and he slowly swerved but lost the other driver.

"Oh my God please move, I'm hungry!"

"We still have five minutes, you can wait!" I gripped onto my seat belt. Adrian was definitely a good driver, but that didn't change the fact that I worried about my health when he had the wheel.

My partner somehow caught up, and we were once again tailed. I saw the determination in Adrian's eyes, both hands gripped the wheel and his sunglasses rested on his nose. He smirked.

Oh, God.

"BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS MOTHERFUCKERS, BECAUSE IN EIGHT SHORT SECONDS I AM GOING TO LEARN YOU A THING THAT I ONLY LEARNED TWO HOURS AGO, SO SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE OF MY 4-AM-REDBULL-INDUCED-SELF-HATRED-FUELED-DRIVING-EXTRAVAGANZA!"

"Adrian No!"

"Adrian yes!" He replied. He turned the car at a 130-degree angle and began driving again. My heart halfway dropped down to my stomach. "How'd I do!?"

"I'm going to be sick."

Time Skip

Everyone was taking a break, sitting around the conference table in BigHit. I was coming back from a meeting with the boss, as he explained very clearly that I was only a temporary leader, that I had to choose the workers here wisely, because some day, they might just take my place. It makes sense since I wasn't only a girl, but I was younger than most of the boys if not all, except Kookie. The only reason I landed this job was that of my skills, receiving my high school diploma at seventeen, and almost having a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice. Not to mention my good notes at my original workplace.

"So yeah, I asked Revy to breathe if she liked me," the scrawny guy told the others.

"So, what happened!?" One of the cheery trainees asked the scrawny dude.

They all leaned in, some of them started laughing already, knowing what he was going to say.

"She turned blue." Everyone around the table started giggling, and no one seemed to notice me standing in the doorway. I cleared my throat, and everyone immediately shut up.

"Anyways," I sat on the main seat, "I know it's really late, and it sucks, trust me, I'm here too, but you guys can go sleep in the mini-dorms until... Well, today. Once it's 12, you'll receive an email informing you if you've been accepted. If not, please make your way home, you will be dismissed. And for the lucky three, stay in your dorm until otherwise instructed."

Everyone suddenly stood up, making their way to the dorms. I followed them, listening to their conversation once again. Sometimes, I find them talking about the strangest things.

"So I was thinking... If Santa keeps a record of the naughty kids each year and the year doesn't end until the first of January, then that leaves the 6 days after Christmas and before new years undocumented... Nothing you do in that time can be held against you."

"So like, I could draw a penis on your head and you won't get mad." Adrian shrugged, the boys laughing in a very immature manner.

"Of course I will!"

"You said nothing I do can be held against me, remember!"

"Shut up Adrian."