A Tribute

Friday- April 12

I changed my clothes and sheets to our bed... Yeah, so Jimin and I stayed in one room last night. I really don't want to talk about it. Na-yeong held my hair as I vomited into the toilet, then she started vomiting and J-hope held both of our hair.

"It's okay, just let it out." He said in a funny voice because he had a clothespin on his nose, protecting him from the smell.

"Hobi, I really appreciate you doing thi-" I started vomiting again, not finishing my sentence.

"Oh poor babies, it's okay. You guys are the reason I am alive. Let's call this even." Taehyung and Jimin were on the other side of the door, hopefully not hearing any of this.

"Are they okay, can we help?"

"No, can't you see they need to be alone?"

"But you're there," V replied.

"I am here for moral support."

"Can't we be there too!? At least let me help Revy, I did basically annoy her into drinking more!" Jimin admitted.

"And Manager is small, the alcohol must have hit her harder for her size," V replied, "please let me-"

"This is quality girl time, no boys allowed!" J-hope yelled.

"BUT-" both boys yelled.

"OUT!" J-hope yelled back. The other side of the door was silent, and Na-yeong and I wiped our mouths, standing up and brushing our teeth over the sink. I closed the medicine cabinet, looking through the mirror and cringing.

"J-hope, can you leave? I think I am going to take a quick shower. Na-yeong, you can brush your teeth and whatever until I am done. I will change in the tub and then you can enter with your towel... I don't know, we'll shower quickly and figure it out. I have to make sure you don't faint... or I don't"

Time Skip

We took two Ubers to the closest Mexican restaurant, and while we were in the car, Kookie decided to bring up a peculiar conversation up.

"Jimin, did you sleep well last night?"

"All things considering, yes, why Kookie?"

"Well, there was a lot of noise coming out of your room. I thought that maybe you were hurt, or Guard considering the amount of moa-" Kookie was shut up by Rap Monster slapping the back of his head. "Ow!"

"Look, we're here." All of us got out and walked to the Mexican restaurant, sitting in the biggest table they have. Most of the members stared at the Menu with confusion, some of them looked up at me like lost puppies.

"May I help you?" The waitress asked in French. I could tell she was also Latina, so I decided to speak Spanish, which was the easier language for me to speak.

"Holla, me puede traer agua mineralizada con sal y limón." I am pretty sure she wrote down carbonized water with salt and lemon, nodding with a smile. "Y menudo para curar la cruda que tenemos, y si no tiene menudo, tráigame chilaquiles. Traiga nueve de todo."

"Credito, Debito, o Euros?" She asked.

I looked around the table, all I saw were open mouths and wide eyes. "Ummm, Debito porfavor. Esta bien si tengo mi perro aquí adentro, verdad? Es un perro guardia."

"Dejame hablar con mi supervisor, pero creo que si." She nodded, basically approving of Ace, my guard dog, being in here. She walked away, and I shuffled in my seat comfortably. "Menudo con cebolla, hoja de laurel, y orégano. Que rico va estar!" I liked my lips, rubbing my stomach. Everyone just stared at me with a puzzled look on their faces. "I am just fangirling over the food, don't mind me." The waitress brought water and a big piece of meat for Ace on two to go plates, which I took as a warm welcome. "Merci beaucoup," I thanked in French. She nodded, walking away and back to the kitchen.

"How many languages do you know?" Jin asked, dipping a chip in the salsa.

"Korean, English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese... Ummm... Morse code?... and, German. I am better at the first four though. My Dad knew 13? I think, maybe 12."

"How is that possible?"

"We're really good in languages. Over the span of a few years I learned all of them almost fluently. I dated an Italian who only spoke to me in Italian after our first week of dating, sadly we broke up because he moved to Italy. We dated for quite a while... I had a lot of boyfriends now that I think about it. I ordered you guys Tripe soup, which is like Gomtang... It helps with hangovers." We got our food after a few minutes, drinking and eating as quickly as possible.

"I really need a message, like, someone rubbing my scalp. My head hurts." Na-yeong whined. I looked around, seeing a Hair Salon outside the window. "Hey, Revy. How do you feel if after this we go get a haircut? They usually wash your hair before they cut it, I might get a haircut for a longer message." I agreed... when did she start wearing Jins glasses?

The boys were still eating when we stood up and left. I had already paid for their food, and hopefully they were content with their soup. I walked in, seeing the hairsalon completely empty. It turns out they didn't have any reservations, so they would be able to take us in right away.

Eomma and I got simple trim, but as I was relaxing, I heard her ask for a hair dye. I ignored it, shrugging and relaxing again. The boys sat there waiting for Eomma to finish her hair dyeing. It was pink... it was Chim Chim Pink. Eomma was done with the tinting of her hair. I never really noticed how much Jimin brushes his hair back... or how much Eomma does it too... Now that I look at him, he has cute freckles on his cheeks.... And Eomma does too.

"No!!! Nope, no way. No!"

"What's wrong?" Eomma asked, holding my shoulder. I grabbed Taehyung's hand, dragging him to the seat next to mine.

"Can you give me the same hair color that he has?"

Eomma sat next to me, pulling Tae out of the seat. "Why?"

"It's not fair for both of you to confuse me like that. You look so much alike, and I am getting confused.... Like really confused. So I am going to dye my hair the same color as Tae... I am completely aware that I look nothing like him, but maybe it will stress me less."

Time Skip

I was pleased with my hair, it did not resemble too much of Tae's color because his was fading and mine needed a few washes before it looks like his, but I liked it. Pleased with how I looked, I pulled in everyone into a group picture. The hairstylist took the picture for me, smiling and waiting for us to pose. After five pictures, I chose my favorite photo. 

I can never forget these precious moments with them, and these pictures were my proof. Days felt like years. Every second I could feel the mutual love for one another. Whether it's the fatherly pride given to us by Namjoon and Yoongi, or the motherly love Jin and Na-yeong gave to us, the constant happiness Hobi and Tae provide, or the taunts Kookie and I shared, or Jimin: who deserves a separate faction of his own in my case. 

These are memories that I would never waste.

 I used to believe that I was going to end up alone after my high school friends, but I was wrong. This is what should run through our veins. These are the people I would gladly share the blood that pumps to my heart. I will defend them with whatever strength I am given and more. Every family has a story, and they gladly welcomed me to theirs, the least I can do is be a part of their narrative. And that's exactly what I am going to do.