The Last of Revy

Monday- April 29

Sangwoo POV

Giovanni, or how we call him, John Herbert Dillinger, is not a reliable source, and I am here now to prove it. Being sent to America was a fail, we had no other choice but to bring him back. He's an idiot who thinks he has the world under his feet, that he's above all of us. He's not, the rotten apple of the family fell far from the tree. His sister works with the Italian government as their appointed psychic, his younger brother even amounts to more than him. Giovanni- John, has only successfully completed minor missions, but the one important mission he fell in love. I had to finish the job. I had to clean up the mess he had left, before Desiderius pulled me out.

Thanks to weak links we lost Revy, to only find out she didn't die.

Beauregard, or how me know him, Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd, on the other hand, is trustworthy. He gave Revy's best friend a tapered ring, he provided us with audio. He provided us with proof. Na-yeong, daughter of Vince Edwards was madly in love with him, and now we have a leak in whatever system they think they have.

Putting the needle from the glove in her atlas, I watched as Revy reacted nicely: showing signs of awakening by undoing the coma we induced.

Hm, so it did work. Well, we'll see if she remembers anything or how far back she remembers. Past year? Moving to Korea? Childhood?

Hopefully my screw up of getting Revy to trust me will be wipped from her memory too.

I finally let go the back of her neck, shaking my hand before stuffing the glove neatly inside my backpack. Slowly, Revy's pulse plummeted, her vitals failing in the matter of seconds.

They said this would happen.

The medics pull the door open, rushing in here as they check her pulse. A few things here and there, and I hear one of them call a code blue, pulling a large piece of machinery into the room.

They desperately try to help her, as I silently watched from the sidelines, unnoticed. With curiosity, I watched as they checked everything, assuring she was truly dead after countless tries. Her death was sudden, and thanks to The Alliance, I felt nothing for the woman I was made for.

I stepped out of the room with enough time to text Desiderius --or how we're supposed to call him in the job-- Al Capone, to let him know that she had ideed died.

I turned my phone off, seeing the doctor step out of the room as I did and shake his head in sadness.

"Tell her family that we tried everything we could, but sadly, we lost her. Time of death." He checked his watch. "4:54... The patient was a donor, we would have to take her downstairs. She would still be able to have an open casket funeral no problem, please notify her family right away, so we can arrange what they want to do next."

"Yes sir, I wasn't exactly close to her, I was actually just a friend of her brothers. I was waiting for him to get here but... I guess I'll tell him when he arrives."

The doctor nodded, as I watched Revy's body being taken down to the morgue. It was almost unnoticed how they swiftly moved her, most patients nearby didn't blink an eye.

I walked away, looking sullen and pushing the door to the bathroom. Reaching into my backpack, I changed into nurse's gown, put the glove back in my hand, and took out Revy's new clothes, also disposing my clothes and backpack inside the black trashcan.

I waltzed down the hall, seeing Chakra... Damn, these nicknames are hard to remember when working with members who aren't high up in ranks... Well, I saw Ma Barker walking towards me with a nurse outfit of her own. Passing by each other, not making any eye contact, she slipped a pass and note inside my free hand. I continued walking, making my way inside the staff elevator. I held Revy's clothes neatly inside my hand while swiping the card and picking the lowest level of the building.

The basement.

Finally, walking into morgue, I saw a few nurses --or whatever they are-- surround another body. One of them saw me, and decided to approach me with a questioning look.

"I see they sent you down with clothes already. Who are we going to put these on?"

"Kingston Revy Jean, she passed away today, an hour ago, actually. Weird they were prepared so quickly, but they did say the grandmother had a feeling they needed to bring clothes to the hospital. False sense of hope is pretty harsh times like these, you know?"

"Yeah, well..." I managed to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, I can change her. I think someone should be sent to console them... Oh! Not to mention a few of the paperwork we're supposed to bring down is still in her room! Mind getting it for me while I put some clothes on this poor girl?"

"I guess, might as well. I needed to get something from upstairs anyways." She grabbed Revy's files and shrugged, "might as well kill two birds with one stone. Oh! Sorry, that wasn't... Um..."

"Goodbye then." I walked towards Revy's corpse, unfolding clothing and putting it on her while the nurses left one by one. I finally managed to get her clothes on, and all the nurses had gone upstairs, leaving me alone with her. "Revy, I am really hated doing this, but you left me no other choice... Actually, I don't feel that bad." I shrugged, pulling on the glove in my hand and turning her on her side.

My hand held the nape of her neck, squeezing with small force as the chip send small shocks of life in her. The stupid Doctor never heard of this method of faking someone's death, Hell, they never even heard of Genetically modified humans, how would they know this? Nonetheless, Revy started letting out little groans, before sitting upright and falling off of the metallic table.

She pushed herself towards the wall with her feet, covering her arms and shivering. I ripped the doctor mouth mask off, smiling sweetly at her.

She looked pale from the hole in the back of her neck bleeding, but I guess the mutant part of her withheld the pain.

"No, not another day! F-five days in that Hell, I- I won't stand anymore!"

"Calm down, Bon. I'm here, the plan worked."

"W-what? Who the Hell are you?"

"It's me you idiot, your boyfriend, now let's go before they catch you. I bet these assholes wanted to cremate your body."

"Wh- where am I?"

"In the Hospital, well, morgue. Now let's go!" I reached my hand towards her, looking at the door then down at Revy. "Bon, do you trust me?"

"No. I don't even know you!" I crouched down to her level, pleading with my eyes.

"You idiot, if they find out you're alive they'll take your ass to the cops right away for questioning, then throw your ass in prison if they find out. We have to leave, now!"

She seemed to debate in her head, but almost immediately agreed. We ran through the door and to the exit in the basement. We entered a dark alley with dark corners and sirens surrounding us. I finally spotted the motorcycle, tossing the helmet to her.

This reminded me to slap that hole in the back of her neck with something to cover it.

"Who-... What's your name? I-I don't remember..." She hopped on the back once I turned the bike on.

"Clyde... We never reveal our real names to each other... You're Bonnie. Your father is Al Capone, or at least that's his code name. We work with Ma Barker, she's our partner, or one of the few. We have eight."

"Partner? What do we do, exactly?"

I started driving. "I'll tell you on the way."