Almost Caught

Sunday-March 31

I decided to pay a visit to my new coworkers. I walked into the room hoping nothing would happen, maybe that was too much to ask.

I walked in on three dorks hitting each other with pillows, feathers everywhere, and yelling. It took so much self-control not to hit all of them upside the head, something my father used to do to his Junior agents.

"You will never tell me what to do!"

"You big child, behave yourself!"

"Shut up Mariana, you of all people!"

Mariana groaned, standing on top of her bed, "shut up!"

"Make me!" 

Tony smacked the two of them at the same time with his pillow, both falling into their beds and him remaining silent. "Let me sleep."

I giggled, covering my smile behind my hand. Tony turned around, saluting as soon as he saw me. "No need for that, Tony."

"You're our new boss, of course I do."

"Well, you don't have to."

"Yes, ma'am." He put his hand down.

"Don't call me ma'am." I walked past him and towards the other two.

"Yes, sir."

Smart ass.

I waited for Mariana to notice me, which she did after groaning in pain. She sat up, bowing her head and apologizing.

"What are you doing here?"

I sat down next to her, patting her bed and smiling. "Go get your stuff from your place and pack up, I'll be here waiting to will help you."

"Really!?" Adrian asked.

I nodded, making them clean the mess they made before letting them head home.

They all became excited and decided to run towards their car, immediately heading home. All but Mariana.

"Ummm, sorry, I'll probably be here for a while, my boyfriend isn't exactly picking up his phone."

"No, that's fine, I'll be here till he arrives." We waited for a few minutes, then she checked her phone, sighing.

"He said he's already getting the luggage from my house, he's just going to drop it off here. He also asked if there's anyone with me... I hate it when he does that, he's really shy and doesn't want to talk to any of my new coworkers."

"That's fine, as long as-" a very familiar car arrived, and I found myself praying to God it wouldn't be him.

My heart quickened, but unlike before, tears did not fill the rims of my eyes. It was now anger that took over.

I leaned on the entrance of the building, watching Mariana wrap her arms around that asshole. Now that I remember, it was only a few days ago when the new trainees would be arriving from whatever country they were recruited from.

"Hey babe," she giggled, kissing his cheek and hugging him. His eyes stared down at me, as I sent daggers towards him. They talked for a while, and I gladly helped them with Mariana's luggage. Mariana was fixing her stuff when Sangwoo decided to approach me.

"You will never be half the man your mother is," I whispered.

"If you as much as breathe a word to her, I will personally-"

"Why is it acceptable for you to be a dumbass but not for me to point it out? I have no intention of ruining your relationship. I don't have the intention of telling Mariana anything, but if you so much as cheat on her, I will break both of your knees."