Chapter 16

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" You feel somebody shaking you awake. "Are you okay?"

"Wh-I... think so... what happened?" You sit up, rub your eyes and look at Phil.

"You were shouting in your sleep. I thought you were being murdered." Phil explains. "Was it a bad dream or something?" He slowly sits next to you on the bed.

"Yeah... I guess." You say, still slightly confused as to what just happened.
You close your eyes a remember the dream... well, the nightmare.
It was terrifying.
"Yeah. It was really bad. It was horrible. I don't like it." You say, bringing your knees up to your chest and clutching tightly onto them.

"Do you want to talk about it or..?" Phil asks.
You shake your head and make an "m-m" noise, signifying that you do not want to talk about the dream.
You try not to think about it as you rest your head on Phil's shoulder, but it's all you can think about.
Phil puts his arm around you and rubs your arm comfortingly.

"What time is it?" You ask.

"Three in the morning or something." Phil tells you.

"Ugh."

"You think you're going to get back to sleep?" Phil asks.

"Most likely not."

"What do you want to do?"

"Something. Oh! How about a super artsy aesthetic late night walk in the woods?"

"Wouldn't it be an early morning walk?"

"Do you want to be cool and edgy or not?"

"Oh yeah, cause you know what edgy is."

"I'm more edgy than you!"

"I think we're both equally non-edgy."

"Or equally super edgy."

...................................................................

You and Phil are walking down a path in the area of the woods at the back of his house, still in pyjamas, but it's okay. The location you are trying to reach far away and there's not many people that go around the woods at three in the morning. Except for murderers.
Know that you've thought of that, going outside doesn't seem like a good idea.
Oh well.

"So, what do you plan on doing at uni if you go then?" You ask Phil.

"I don't know. Well, I've been thinking about doing something like English language and linguistics I guess." Phil says. "What about you? Are you planning on going to uni? You certainly have the money to."

"Well, I would. If I was allowed. But I'm not."

"Why not?"

"Cause my family doesn't think it's right for a woman to get a good education."

"Well that's sexist."

"I know right! Like geez. Go over to the Middle East where sexism is acceptable."

"I'm surprised that you were able to spend nineteen years of your life with them."

"As am I." You laugh as you reach the edge of the woods, immediately spotting the treehouse the two of you were looking for.

"Since we've established we're a feminist zone, I'm not going to say ladies first. Last one to the treehouse is a... I don't know. They loose. Bye!" Phil sprints off towards the treehouse.