Chapter 2

"There you are N/N!" Your mother rushes over to you as soon as you enter the house. "Where were you? Darren said you were helping some stranger. Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?" You ask as you walk down the hall to the dining room, your mother following close behind you.

"I don't know. You're just in time though, dinner was running late but we've just finished it." Your mother sits down at the tall table with four plates of food set out of you, your mother, Darren and his mother, Carol.

"Guessing dad isn't home yet?" You ask as you take a seat next to Darren.

"No, he's being kept back at work." You mother says while pouring her and Carol each a glass of wine. "Anyway." Your mother takes a bite of her steak. "Did you guys have a nice walk?"

"Yes, it was great." You lie.
The only 'great' part of that walk was when Darren left and you met Phil, who's already become a rather good friend of yours.

"Until some guy ran into us and you stayed behind to help the asshole." Darren rolls his eyes.

"Language Darren!" Carol scolds.

"Woops." Darren says sarcastically while taking a sip of his wine.

"That's enough." Carol says sternly.

"Sorry, mother. May I please use the bathroom?" Darren stands up.

"Of course Darren. The closest one is down the hall, then turn left, then turn right. The door at the end of the hall." You mother says.

Darren nods his head and heads off to the bathroom.

"So, Y/N, tell me about yourself." Carol smiles.

"What would you like to know?" You ask.

"Hm... I don't know... What's your favourite colour?" She asks.

"F/C." You tell her.

"That's nice, so-" She begins to ask something else, but you stand up and cut her off.

"I'm actually full. I'm going to go out to the garden to get some nice fresh air." You smile.

"But you were just out- ugh never mind." Your mother sighs as you make your way to your rather large garden.

You walk past the glorious rose bushes and keep walking till you reach the very back of the garden.

You sit on the side of the fountain.

You pull off your way too high heels and throw them into the bush in front of you.

"Fucking finally." You stretch out your feet and look into the forest behind the gate.

You notice a familiar figure walking down the path.
You jump up onto the grass, feeling it's cold, spiky texture under your warm, bare feet.
You pop your head above the fence and call out to him.

"Hey Phil!"

Phil looks around, trying to detect where the person talking to him is.

"Over here!" You wave your hand in the air, catching his eye.

He walks off the path and over to you, staying on the other side of the fence of course.

"Hi Y/N, what's up?" He asks.

"I have to spend and entire evening being bored listening to Darren talk about himself." You complain.

"That sucks." Phil laughs slightly.

"What are you up to?" You ask.

"I'm away to go play Mario kart at my friend Dan's house."

"Mario kart? Oh, I've heard of that before. I've never played it."