Chapter 8:Fire

Y/N'S POV...

I bolted up quickly and so did Frisk. People and kids were running out of the lunch room. I started to run too, with AC and Justin and also Frisk by my side. Or so, I thought. When we got out of the school, I turned to look at my friends, only to realize Frisk wasn't there. I was going to run back inside the school when a teacher blocked me. "You cant go back inside!" He told me. I shook my head.

"Frisk in still in there!" I exclaimed. He shook his head. "It's too late!" He told me. Fire was falling from the front of the building. "I'm sorry sir. I need to go in there!" I shouted before jumping into the heat of the flames.

All around me looked like hell. The lockers were melting, the walls were on fire and I ran towards the lunch room to find Frisk with a wood plank on her foot. She was trying to get it off. I ran towards her and pulled the wood off her. She smiled weakly and you took her hand. You two ran towards the entrance, only to realize that is was blocked by burning wood. Frisk gasped, and tried to open it. "HELP! HELP WE'RE TRAPPED! PLEASE HELP!" Frisk screamed, coughing. I fell to the floor with a thud, from lack of oxygen. Frisk sat down beside me slapping my face lightly enough to keep me awake. "C-Come on..." she mutters.

Suddenly, Justin and AC jump through the window, and run over. "You, grab Y/N. Frisk, look for another way to get out. Cause that window.." AC pointed at the window, which was now covered with wood on fire. Frisk looked around frantically while Justin helped me up from off the ground.

My eyes felt heavy as I tried to stay awake, but I failed.

...

"Quick! He fainted!"

...

"AC!"

...

"It was worth it! We got our way out! Call the ambulance!"

"AC!"

My eyes fluttered open and all around me was white. Memories came flooding like a wave. I opened my eyes wider and looked around. Frisk was fiddling her thumbs, part of her face was burned from the fire, and it was covered by a bandage. When she realized I was awake, she ran over and hugged me tightly, and I flinched at the pain. She realized that she was hurting me and quickly pulled away. "Thank goodness your okay. I was so worried." Until now, you didn't realize that she was sobbing, tears flowing down her eyes.
Do I really mean that much to her?
She rubbed her eyes with her scratchy sweater. "I..I..." I motioned for her to come closer. She stepped forward, her leg shaking as she did so. She continued to come closer, and I pulled her into a hug, ignoring all the pain in my system.

I could feel her smile and she whispers something.
"Promise me."

I was confused. "Promise you what?"

"Promise you'll never leave me alone."

She pulled away from the hug,and now a serious expression placed onto her face.

"I...I promise."