(1) I'm Not Checking You Out. I'm Looking at You. There's a Difference.

(Check out my new book! The Sneaker Project!)

•~•

There it is again.

The constant bragging of my "best friend" complaining about how cheap her new Louis Vuitton handbag is. It probably costs more than Kim Kardashian's butt's net worth in all honesty. I can still hear her words ringing in my ear. And I can also hear everyone's unnecessary excitement for her bragging.

People can be so obsessed.

But it's been a daily thing now.

It's either she complains or brags.

And trust me, it's worse than it sounds.

8:45(Homeroom): Alissa brags/complains about her thousand dollar designer handbags.

10:45(Math): Alissa brags/complains about her million dollar stiletto shoes.

12:10(Lunch): Alissa brags/complains about her fashion designer that did/didn't Skype with her that morning to help choose an outfit.

2:00(History): Alissa brags/complains about her parents never/always giving her so much money at the mall.

3:25(Dismissal): Alissa brags/complains about her thousand dollar Lamborghini Aventador and her super big billion dollar house.

What a shame. Alissa was so humble and sincere before she hit high school.

"Oh, more about me? Well of course! You see...daddy got into Harvard and he's like, the best surgeon in town right now! Mom too. They make lots of money and travel a lot haha! But it's not always super fun. Sometimes I absolutely hate them because they don't give me enough money for....blah blah blah."

That was all she said, more like repeated a thousand times, our freshman year of high school. Alissa changed. There was no denying it. She was the new it girl, with her new wavy golden-blonde hair and her clear blue eyes not hidden under thick square framed glasses. She was so...different.

It all starts back in 8th grade. Alissa with her scrawny short bleached-blonde hair cut in a bob. Her square framed glasses and innocent face. She wore Jurassic Park T-Shirts and knee length shorts, carrying a book around her wherever she went.

However, it all changed the first day of high school. When she came back with a hot new boyfriend, much longer hair, a new fashion style, contacts, and a fake personality.

I miss the old Alissa. This new Alissa is fine (lol you thought), but I liked 8th grade Alissa. Simpler and sweeter. Sensitive and sincere. I'm sure Tessa misses her too.

Yes. Tessa Skye.

My other best friend. The one with straight blonde hair down to her shoulders. The one with grey eyes that matched her ever pearly white smile. The one who kept humble and sincere. The one who didn't change. The one who didn't leave me alone at lunch the first day of high school. The one who stuck by my side through ups and downs.

The one who isn't always complaining about how ugly I am and what horrible fashion taste I have.

Then there's me. Cassie Davis. You can call me Cas or Cassie. Rarely do people ever call me by my real name: Cassiopeia. So I would rather you not call me that.

What a stupid name.

I'm not ugly, but I'm not extremely pretty either. I'm just Cassie. The lame girl with light freckles and sea green eyes. Light brown wavy hair. I honestly don't care about how I look like.